Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Screen Brightness Flickering

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I don't know if this is a feature that is built into my computer or is part of the W101 programming, but when I normally launch W101, my monitor contrast goes up and darkens slightly. This makes the game look much less washed out and I really like it. However, this has not been happening as of the past couple days. The game will launch with no change in contrast or brightness. However, when I pull up the esc menu (the one with graphics, music, sound, etc. settings), the screen will flicker for just a moment between the darker setting and the normal before going back to the washed-out look from before.

I hope this makes sense, it's kind of convoluted when I try to explain it. Again, I don't know if this is an issue with my computer or wiz, so I hope someone else can tell me whether they've had this happen in the past couple days.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Update: I recently got a program called Flux, which tints the screen orange at night to protect your eyes, and performing the same operation of opening that options menu in game will disable Flux for a second or two each time the menu is opened. Dworgyn or anybody else at KI: if you have any advice on what I could do, definitely let me know. This issue is starting to hurt my eyes lol

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Is there really nobody who even has advice on this issue? I have restarted my system, everything is up to date, it happens consistently no matter how much I log out/back in and it's seriously annoying. Kinda don't like being ignored on this issue...

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Still waiting for an official reply. This is STILL going on and I have no answers.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I can't be the only one who is having this problem.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
It sounds like Flux isn't interfacing well with Wizard101. Have you tried uninstalling it to see if the problem goes away?

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Dworgyn on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
It sounds like Flux isn't interfacing well with Wizard101. Have you tried uninstalling it to see if the problem goes away?
Flux is only a symptom. If you read my previous post you would see that it affects the system itself because the screen brightness changes...