Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scammer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
I had a player Named Ethan Mythforge, Tell me he was going to give me a pet or a mount for some Treasure cards. I bought him 13 Seraph Cards and gave him them. The next thing I know hes putting me on ignore and taking me off the friends list. Please do something about this player. I know for a fact hes done it to another player. At the same time he was asking me another person also said he would do the same thing I did. And people don't do what I did. Don't trade items for Store items. Your never sure it will turn out right. I tell ya I wont be doing it again.

Administrator
Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
May 20, 2010
I don't believe that it's even a reportable offense.

If somebody is naive enough to believe that somebody else will gift them something worth $10-30 in real money in return for something they can buy for under 10,000 in game gold, then they need to learn the hard way.

There's no free lunch.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Like the old saying goes, if it's too good to be true, then it probably is not true. And once we hit that button, there's nothing we can do except be mad at ourselves. But I have a funny story: A guy tried to scam me, and I knew what he was doing because I had just read the posts on the subject, so I gave him all my Ghost Touch and other useless treasure cards. He never said another word to me.