Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Restrictions on players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2011
I really think that KingsIsle should put restrictions on higher world teleporting. I'm having a problem with lower level friends who can't handle worlds like Celestia. They will teleport, then flee, because they can't handle the monster levels. And I don't want to turn off my friends teleporting, because i may need help and friends who are the same level can help me out. I mean i'm level 51 and they are level 18. I know it's just a game, but when they port attract more trouble then i can handle alone then flee, it's not right. I really don't want to do the quest all over again. I really think a message should pop up and say so and so wants to teleport to u will u allow it? And if i know they r lower level i'll say no. Just an idea.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Neysala wrote:
I really think that KingsIsle should put restrictions on higher world teleporting. I'm having a problem with lower level friends who can't handle worlds like Celestia. They will teleport, then flee, because they can't handle the monster levels. And I don't want to turn off my friends teleporting, because i may need help and friends who are the same level can help me out. I mean i'm level 51 and they are level 18. I know it's just a game, but when they port attract more trouble then i can handle alone then flee, it's not right. I really don't want to do the quest all over again. I really think a message should pop up and say so and so wants to teleport to u will u allow it? And if i know they r lower level i'll say no. Just an idea.

that may work. but if this is occuring a bunch, tell the friend to stop teleporting to you in cl, if he keeps on doing that, you could delete him, or at least explain to stay and help you.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This comes up all the time and has been a complaint since Day One. The main solution is to remove offenders from your list. Those with text chat can be asked to not teleport without permission.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Good idea, but does this happen really often? I have never seen anything like it and i keep wondering why.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
First of all i know i know noobs are annoying.BUT KI has said 'All players get access to all worlds when subscribed/crown'. So sadly we cant do anything.

P.S dear KI theres a glitch for all levels in cl they can enter the survey camp without access there

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
just wait till the test realm updates come thats when you can be hidden from friends

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Most of my friends do ask before the port to me.

But you might try what I did when I add a younger wizard to my friends list. I put conditions on them such as NOT porting to me in an area they have not earned. If they do, they get deleted from my list.

I have actually had more problems with young wizards that have ported to someone else and gotten separated from them. They will join any battle they can and they do die or port out after drawing in another enemy.

I do wish there was some way KI could find a fix for this.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
Seems to me that it would be most efficient to have a popup for the person they are porting to. "Do you wish to allow XXX level YY to port to you?" Yes or No.

Then you can see, oh this guy's gunna die if he ports to me, and decline. Then you can chat them to say when it's safe.

Might also be helpful to notify the person trying to port that the individual they are porting to is in a battle or non-safe area.