Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resolution Stuck

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
My resolution is stuck at my monitor's resolution, 1920x1080. Normally I play in windowed mode at 800x600 so I can chat in discord and watch youtube while playing, but with this error I can't do that.

The way it's stuck specifically is that it just acts like other resolution options don't exist. In the in-game settings and the launcher, the only options are 1920x1080 and autodetect.

I tried reinstalling the game, and that didn't fix it.

Administrator
Blaze Moonspear on May 2, 2019 wrote:
My resolution is stuck at my monitor's resolution, 1920x1080. Normally I play in windowed mode at 800x600 so I can chat in discord and watch youtube while playing, but with this error I can't do that.

The way it's stuck specifically is that it just acts like other resolution options don't exist. In the in-game settings and the launcher, the only options are 1920x1080 and autodetect.

I tried reinstalling the game, and that didn't fix it.
That's interesting, it should let you choose. Did you also try updating your graphics drivers?

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
Ah, that fixed it. I recently had to reset my C drive since my computer kinda died on me, so my drivers weren't all installed properly.