Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Arrow Bug

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Here's what's going on. My balance character who just started Dragonspyre is going through and collecting quests that are already available to him, using the quest finder (because sometimes you can complete quest requirements from different areas of the same world than where it says to). While sitting in the Basillica, where all the teleport doors are, I'm on the quest to talk to Rendor Downbringer in Plaza of Conquests. The arrow is pointing for me to go through the Necropolis doorway. The problem is, I haven't gotten far enough into the game for it to be active. That said, that doorway, in this specific circumstance, is NOT the fastest way to get there. It may very well be the fastest once the doorway is open, but it isnt now, and it leads us to an area we cant get to yet. We CAN get to the Plaza of Conquests going through the Atheneum doorway, which is almost the same amount of steps once you go through it. The quest arrow should takes us through an available pathway to reach the goal and not one locked to us. The quest arrow should always point us in the fastest accessible direction.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
If you need to finish a side and you can't enter the location then just follow the main questline until you're able to enter that location.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
absolutely, but that doesnt mean the quest arrow shouldnt be fixed

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
Hey dayerider,

I to had this. I am also in Dragonspyre, and had that same thing. It clearly annoyed me that I was too lazy to do what Cyrus told me to. Therefore, I have completed most side quests yet I'm in the Pyromancer's tomb (recently got the portal stone for the Necropolis). It is best to use these not-so-shortcuts when you aren't doing the main questline, and I do think they should implement that in the game. You should head on over into the dorms section of the message boards and suggest it to Professor Greyrose, Famela, Dworgyn, Cyrus, or Wu (ask for admin reply).

See you in the spiral!

Alexis

(tehee, I dare you not to reply to this Cyrus! FIRE ROCKS!! )

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
dayerider on Mar 9, 2017 wrote:
absolutely, but that doesnt mean the quest arrow shouldnt be fixed
It does need to, but just as a quick fix I suggested that.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Mirajane7887 on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
It does need to, but just as a quick fix I suggested that.
absolutely, and thanks for covering all the bases :)