Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem: This area is not available

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 17, 2012
hello, i am here to say about a really annoying bug in the game. When buying areas with crowns a lot of the time it will freeze on that screen and if i press "ok" it just freezes on that screen and the "quit" just closes the game and sometimes i have to restart wizard101 2-3 times and it is very annoying when questing especially with friends because they have to wait for me or sometimes they just leave me because they are tired of waiting.
Please fix this bug as it is very annoying.
Thank you.

Administrator
brett214k on May 5, 2019 wrote:
hello, i am here to say about a really annoying bug in the game. When buying areas with crowns a lot of the time it will freeze on that screen and if i press "ok" it just freezes on that screen and the "quit" just closes the game and sometimes i have to restart wizard101 2-3 times and it is very annoying when questing especially with friends because they have to wait for me or sometimes they just leave me because they are tired of waiting.
Please fix this bug as it is very annoying.
Thank you.
Hi brett! Sorry to hear about this issue. Please email support@wizard101.com and we'll be happy to have a closer look.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on May 6, 2019 wrote:
Hi brett! Sorry to hear about this issue. Please email support@wizard101.com and we'll be happy to have a closer look.
Hi Sparck, I don't think Support will be able to help because it's not an account/player issue; it's a recent bug affecting crowns players.

When we go through a doorway to an area we haven't purchased we're supposed to get a notification that we don't have access to that area with the option to purchase it. The recent bug has caused us to get a notification that the area is unavailable but then it crashes the game by putting us into an eternal loading screen. We only get the option to buy the zone when we've closed the game, relaunched and tried to go through the door a second time.

It's particularly awkward because we don't know it will happen until we attempt to go into an area we haven't purchased and then anyone we're with has to wait (or continues without us) because we just vanish from the game. It's a new bug and hasn't been an issue before. Please could you ask the team to check what's going wrong there and patch it for us?

Administrator
Victoria FireHeart on May 7, 2019 wrote:
Hi Sparck, I don't think Support will be able to help because it's not an account/player issue; it's a recent bug affecting crowns players.

When we go through a doorway to an area we haven't purchased we're supposed to get a notification that we don't have access to that area with the option to purchase it. The recent bug has caused us to get a notification that the area is unavailable but then it crashes the game by putting us into an eternal loading screen. We only get the option to buy the zone when we've closed the game, relaunched and tried to go through the door a second time.

It's particularly awkward because we don't know it will happen until we attempt to go into an area we haven't purchased and then anyone we're with has to wait (or continues without us) because we just vanish from the game. It's a new bug and hasn't been an issue before. Please could you ask the team to check what's going wrong there and patch it for us?
Ah, I see. This 'may' be fixed in tonight's update, will check.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Sparck,

Also, from the recent update, the game has been producing an increased number of "infinite loading screens" as well.

This has nothing to do with purchasing a new area, but rather just going or teleporting to another area.

It has been occurring quite a lot recently.