Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible Glitch/Bug In Counterweight East?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
Salutations,
-Quite recently I was in Marleybone. I was assigned a quest to basically defeat everyone in Counterweight East.
-I entered Counterweight East in the company of two other Wizards.
-On the first level, all three of us went into battle.
-On the second level, the other two went into battle.
-I went up and took on the 3rd level solo.
-The other two finished before me and went up to the fourth and final level to defeat the objective boss.
-I soon went upstairs, but elected not to join the battle, due to my low health, and the fact they didn't need assistance.
-However, when the other two defeated the boss, I found to my surprise that I hadn't defeated it, even though I was in the dungeon with them.
-This resulted in me having to redo the dungeon thrice.
-The first time, I was defeated, but my friend managed to defeat the boss. However, though I was on the arena, the win didn't count towards me.
-The second time I was defeated; I managed to kill the boss on the third try.
My Questions are Thus:
1. Do I have to join the battle in order to have a win count, even though I was an active participant in the dungeon?
2. Do I need to be undefeated in order to have a win count?
Thanks,
Hunter Starbane

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Hunter Starbane on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
Salutations,
-Quite recently I was in Marleybone. I was assigned a quest to basically defeat everyone in Counterweight East.
-I entered Counterweight East in the company of two other Wizards.
-On the first level, all three of us went into battle.
-On the second level, the other two went into battle.
-I went up and took on the 3rd level solo.
-The other two finished before me and went up to the fourth and final level to defeat the objective boss.
-I soon went upstairs, but elected not to join the battle, due to my low health, and the fact they didn't need assistance.
-However, when the other two defeated the boss, I found to my surprise that I hadn't defeated it, even though I was in the dungeon with them.
-This resulted in me having to redo the dungeon thrice.
-The first time, I was defeated, but my friend managed to defeat the boss. However, though I was on the arena, the win didn't count towards me.
-The second time I was defeated; I managed to kill the boss on the third try.
My Questions are Thus:
1. Do I have to join the battle in order to have a win count, even though I was an active participant in the dungeon?
2. Do I need to be undefeated in order to have a win count?
Thanks,
Hunter Starbane
Yes, to both of your questions.

You must be "in the battle" when a boss is defeated, or you do not receive credit for the defeat.

And you must be "alive" in the battle at the time when the boss is defeated, or, again, you do not receive credit for the defeat.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You need to be in the battle and alive when the battle ends in order for it to count. Undefeated doesn't matter. As long as you are in the battle circle and alive when it ends.