Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Promenade not giving Event Points for all hatches

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I just discovered a bug that is not giving Event points from hatching a pet during the Pet Promenade.

After I noticed it on 1 wizard, I repeated the exact same steps on the next wizard to see if I can reproduce the bug and it happened just the same.

How to test out this defect -

1. Make your backpack so that there is room for ONE item. Example: 249/250 backpack space.
2. Take note of your Event Points.
3. Hatch.

On the 2 wizards this happened to, the Pet Promenade points remained the same. Both were at 475 and I wanted to do the hatch to reach the 500 point reward. On the 2nd wizard, I made note of the Scroll of Fortune event points too and that too remained the same. Event points were not added to either event.

I know it is the final hours of this Event but this is the first time I have encountered this issue and I am hoping this can be fixed before the next Pet Promenade rolls around.

Administrator
stemogstel on Oct 5, 2021 wrote:
I just discovered a bug that is not giving Event points from hatching a pet during the Pet Promenade.

After I noticed it on 1 wizard, I repeated the exact same steps on the next wizard to see if I can reproduce the bug and it happened just the same.

How to test out this defect -

1. Make your backpack so that there is room for ONE item. Example: 249/250 backpack space.
2. Take note of your Event Points.
3. Hatch.

On the 2 wizards this happened to, the Pet Promenade points remained the same. Both were at 475 and I wanted to do the hatch to reach the 500 point reward. On the 2nd wizard, I made note of the Scroll of Fortune event points too and that too remained the same. Event points were not added to either event.

I know it is the final hours of this Event but this is the first time I have encountered this issue and I am hoping this can be fixed before the next Pet Promenade rolls around.
Hmm, that is interesting. Thank you for the report! Added this to the main list of pointed out bugs. If anyone else has had the same issue let us know!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Maceryn on Oct 6, 2021 wrote:
Hmm, that is interesting. Thank you for the report! Added this to the main list of pointed out bugs. If anyone else has had the same issue let us know!
This is my first time checking the site since this Topic went into moderation mode but I did submit a ticket with an update to let you guys know that the event points did indeed show after a few hours.

So it was a deceptive delay in the points being shown. Still do the test to see if it is a bug or one-time thing.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
stemogstel on Oct 11, 2021 wrote:
This is my first time checking the site since this Topic went into moderation mode but I did submit a ticket with an update to let you guys know that the event points did indeed show after a few hours.

So it was a deceptive delay in the points being shown. Still do the test to see if it is a bug or one-time thing.
I think someone else mentioned on a different thread that calculations in general with pets do not happen if you are full on backpack space (or in this case maybe one away from being full). I believe in the other thread the issue was that the new pet (total pet) counter and notification didn't update until AFTER it was moved to the backpack, because the pet went straight to bank. Although still having one space available should still work, I wonder if the two issues are related.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Oran of Urz on Oct 23, 2021 wrote:
I think someone else mentioned on a different thread that calculations in general with pets do not happen if you are full on backpack space (or in this case maybe one away from being full). I believe in the other thread the issue was that the new pet (total pet) counter and notification didn't update until AFTER it was moved to the backpack, because the pet went straight to bank. Although still having one space available should still work, I wonder if the two issues are related.
I am that someone else lol

The other issue is a bug that needs fixing - (newly hatched pets with the backpack full are not counting towards the total pets collected. This includes the pet tome and badge.)
That situation has a few quirks to it. I'll try to explain as best I can.
- Pets gotten as rewards from an Event such as Beastmoon go in both the bank and pet tome when the backpack is full. This is how it should work for all pets.
- For hatched pets with the backpack full, I have done some testing with different scenario variations. If the bank is not visited, the egg will eventually hatch and get added to the tome.

Anyone can try some tests of their own to see if it happens to them. The one test I have not tried is taking the hatched pet out of the bank. It should also be known my bank is also full.

For this particular topic, I made sure to do the hatch with space for it to go into the backpack so I can quickly sell the pet immediately after. I only wanted to earn the event points for pet promenade. I do not know what caused the delay. The other issue is far more important, however, if anyone would like to test this issue of the delay in earning event points, we'd have to wait for the proper event to do so and then report the outcome.