Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Overpowered Bosses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
As I was playing in Celestia, I reached Level 60. The headmistress of Wysteria called me to her office, and gave me the quest to do the Tower of the Helephant. When I entered the tower, I went in with another level 62, who summoned two level 70 life henchman from the crown shop. On the very first floor of the tower, the bosses have health higher than Malistaire, who has ten thousand health, and they cheat. Two of the bosses have health over 15,000, and they cheat everytime you fizzle, or add a boost to yourself. The minotaur boss cheats every round. Along with these two bosses, they have two boss henchman each having 2,000 plus health. I think these bosses are way overpowered because my friend and I, with the henchman, were defeated within the first five minutes of being inside the tower. We can take on Zafaria without any issue, but the bosses in the Tower of the Helephant are ridiculous.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Evilkrazykatlady wrote:
As I was playing in Celestia, I reached Level 60. The headmistress of Wysteria called me to her office, and gave me the quest to do the Tower of the Helephant. When I entered the tower, I went in with another level 62, who summoned two level 70 life henchman from the crown shop. On the very first floor of the tower, the bosses have health higher than Malistaire, who has ten thousand health, and they cheat. Two of the bosses have health over 15,000, and they cheat everytime you fizzle, or add a boost to yourself. The minotaur boss cheats every round. Along with these two bosses, they have two boss henchman each having 2,000 plus health. I think these bosses are way overpowered because my friend and I, with the henchman, were defeated within the first five minutes of being inside the tower. We can take on Zafaria without any issue, but the bosses in the Tower of the Helephant are ridiculous.

The reason you were defeated was most likely because of the henchmen you summoned. Rule #2 don't use henchmen or minions in cheating dungeons. They WILL activate cheats (and therefore get you defeated).

Champion
May 03, 2011
The Helephant tower, like Waterworks and a few other dungeons, is optional. People run those dungeons to get cool stuff, but they aren't necessary to your quest line. In most of these optional dungeons, the bosses cheat. You can't use henchmen--you have to have actual people. The object, from KI's game-design (and moral, I suppose) point of view, is to encourage teamwork, and provide a challenge for experienced players. You can find people to help you, or you can go on Wizard101 Central, where there are people ready and willing to help with difficult instances like this. Keep in mind these dungeons take a very long time--usually 2-3 hours. I have yet to do them for this reason--as an adult with responsibilities, I have a really hard time finding 3 straight hours for gameplay.

The bottom line is, you don't have to do these dungeons at all, but if you do, I'd advise getting a few people together and reading one of the guides on W101 Central. It helps to know what the cheats are so you can prepare ahead of time.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Henchmen do not know if a boss cheats. If you want to do Tower of the Helephant, The Waterworks, or any similar cheating boss, then don't hire henchmen. Get some real live people to help you, as they will know what to do, and more importantly, what not to do.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
eggywig wrote:
Henchmen do not know if a boss cheats. If you want to do Tower of the Helephant, The Waterworks, or any similar cheating boss, then don't hire henchmen. Get some real live people to help you, as they will know what to do, and more importantly, what not to do.
Agreed. And the bosses are overpowered so as not to make it too easy to get the powerful Athames and Rings the tower holds.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Those factors are what make challenges like these fun. But think a lot, too.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
The Helephant tower, like Waterworks and a few other dungeons, is optional. People run those dungeons to get cool stuff, but they aren't necessary to your quest line. In most of these optional dungeons, the bosses cheat. You can't use henchmen--you have to have actual people. The object, from KI's game-design (and moral, I suppose) point of view, is to encourage teamwork, and provide a challenge for experienced players. You can find people to help you, or you can go on Wizard101 Central, where there are people ready and willing to help with difficult instances like this. Keep in mind these dungeons take a very long time--usually 2-3 hours. I have yet to do them for this reason--as an adult with responsibilities, I have a really hard time finding 3 straight hours for gameplay.

The bottom line is, you don't have to do these dungeons at all, but if you do, I'd advise getting a few people together and reading one of the guides on W101 Central. It helps to know what the cheats are so you can prepare ahead of time.

Tabby is correct in almost everything. These dungeons are optional and designed to provide challenges for advanced players. They also provide specific level gear, which you have to earn, not buy at the Bazaar.

I am sorry if anyone has difficulty with these dungeons, I am sure, if you take the time, there are many posts to help you beat these dungeons.

Now, with a good team, this dungeon may only take an hour, I know this for a fact as I have done it many times. It can take a lot longer, depending on how good the players that are with you are.