Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open Chat not Availible

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2016
So I am currently 18 years old and about to be 19 in a little over half a year. I have just discovered that there is this thing called open chat within the game that allows me to type in words that I couldn't type in before that other people with open chat can only see. However when I went to the parental control settings tab in my account management I could not find the option to turn on open chat. The only options there were filtered text (on), true friends chat (on), gifting (on), and earn crowns offers (on). I also have a monthly membership (paid with a debit/credit card) so I am very confused as to why I do not have the option to turn this on. I am certain that in the beginning of creating my account I put down my correct birthday as I had no reason to lie and make myself younger than I actually am.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Zivin Immortal on Jan 8, 2017 wrote:
So I am currently 18 years old and about to be 19 in a little over half a year. I have just discovered that there is this thing called open chat within the game that allows me to type in words that I couldn't type in before that other people with open chat can only see. However when I went to the parental control settings tab in my account management I could not find the option to turn on open chat. The only options there were filtered text (on), true friends chat (on), gifting (on), and earn crowns offers (on). I also have a monthly membership (paid with a debit/credit card) so I am very confused as to why I do not have the option to turn this on. I am certain that in the beginning of creating my account I put down my correct birthday as I had no reason to lie and make myself younger than I actually am.
KI does not track birth dates or ages of any players.

In the Parental controls, the option to turn on open chat is usually the second one "Chat--Open Text". If that option is not there then you might need to contact support.