Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open Chat

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
I am 14 and I'd love to have open chat, but sadly I don't have it and can't toggle it on (Ive tried). I currently use the filtered chat. The reason I want open chat is because I can't say numbers, so it's hard to talk about levels. It's also sometimes hard to talk about gear and boss/mob names. It pretty annoying when your trying to say something to yo friends but they can't understand what you're trying to say to them, since words/a word is being turned into "...". Id appreciate if a staff member could help me out.
~ Sincerely, Amber HawkSong

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
It sounds like you already have Open Chat, KI just has a rather strict text filter on it, so you can't say quite a lot of things.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Amber hawksong on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
I am 14 and I'd love to have open chat, but sadly I don't have it and can't toggle it on (Ive tried). I currently use the filtered chat. The reason I want open chat is because I can't say numbers, so it's hard to talk about levels. It's also sometimes hard to talk about gear and boss/mob names. It pretty annoying when your trying to say something to yo friends but they can't understand what you're trying to say to them, since words/a word is being turned into "...". Id appreciate if a staff member could help me out.
Everyone wants to use open chat but you have to be 18+ and have payed money. This is the case for many people and they don't have it either. You can't always get what you want.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Lol, to go by the rules of the game, you're technically not supposed to have open chat unless you're 18 +.
However to obtain the chat though, your date of birth must reflect this on your account in addition to have a valid credit card on such account. You also would have had to made a purchase (usually a membership), to toggle it.

Having satisfied all the above, you can then toggle Open Chat on into the Parental Settings on your Master Account.

Be careful though, because many persons tend to abuse the chat system!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sorry, but Open Chat is for 18 and up. And you don't need to be saying numbers in the game.

If a word is being turned into "..." that means it is not allowed anyway...That is why the chat is filtered. Cursing and numbers are the reason anyone under a specific age has filtered chat. Cursing is will get you banned and if numbers are used to give out personal information such as phone numbers, addresses, that will get you muted at the very least.