Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Odji Sokkwi boss in Krokotopia

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Most people will probably remember Odji Sokkwi as the boss that guards the frozen forge inside the Krokosphinx.

After Odji's defeat, one can enter again, repeatably, and continue to fight him. But at some point, Odji becomes unavailable, as you will be unable to re-enter the doorway.

I am not sure how many times this issue has been addressed already, I know at least once, but I want to ask if that is perhaps a bug, or something that is meant to be.

It is pretty misleading, because the starting circles remain glowing as if you were able to enter and fight this boss anytime. Also, the light from the door is lit, as if the fight was still available.

I am a Storm wizard, and only HE drops something that I am looking for. :P
I dont want to waste my finger energy and type about this on forums if this boss is meant to be fought only once.

But, if this is a bug eventually awaiting correction, I'll look forward to kicking his boot again. :P

Thank you.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
If you are looking for Odji's Staff Of Downpour That does 70 damage storm, I beat you to it, thing is I also got it during the quest. I am a death student so I quickly replaced it in marleybone.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Why would he particularly want a staff? You don't need to use a staff that does damage of your own class.

Odji's Hat of Artistry, on the other hand, can be nice for a storm wizard in the appropriate level range to have. It gives +42 health and +3% storm damage.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
Why would he particularly want a staff? You don't need to use a staff that does damage of your own class.

Odji's Hat of Artistry, on the other hand, can be nice for a storm wizard in the appropriate level range to have. It gives +42 health and +3% storm damage.

Hey I was just wondering, cause you know I am trying to get the death sword in mooshu, and I am a death student. If you dont want staffs or swords or wands of your class thats fine. And maybe he is after that hat. I said that cause I got a Staff from Odji that does storm damage. He is a storm wizard, maybe he wanted it? Or maybe he wanted both? Or just the shoes? Besides, why wouldnt he want a storm staff? what of his enemy uses a storm shield, and he only has his strongest storm spell in his deck? he would be doomed. But anyway, we wont know what he wanted till he tells us. Sorry if this affended you, my earlier comment was just for to see if i got something he wanted. If that wasnt it I would say, "Cool, maybe you want to get that staff I was talking about? If you dont thats fine, at least you know about it :P" Woo, I made this a long comment

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I believe what I was looking for was the NECKLACE drop, the necklace that gives 2 Storm trap cards.

As we all might know already, Item cards are seperate from spell cards, and will stack ONTOP of your spells. For example, I could cast a Storm trap on a monster, and stack another trap card that the necklace gives me. The damage taken from one of my Storm spells would be increased by 20%, then another 25%.

Thats why I wanted it. It has been a long time now, but I no longer remember if that is what I was after. (I was never after the staff :P )

But one way around this. Have a friend access to the fight take you in. That is what I have done, and that is how I gotten the necklace.