Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not able to complete daily assignment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2012
Hey Kingsisle,
If you are going to give us a daily assignment that is rigged to be very difficult to complete, why don't you change the name from Daily Assignment to something more truthful, like Random Assignment, or Daily Assignment But Good Luck Doing It.
A few days ago when you had the daily assignment to defeat a Fire Elf Pathfinder, several of my wizards were unable to do it because there were no Pathfinders anywhere, no matter how long I waited or how many times I changed realms. I have two accounts and a total of 12 wizards although only 8 of them do the daily assignments. But a few days ago only half were able to do the Pathfinder assignment. I didn't complain then because quite honestly I didn't expect to see that assignment again. So imagine my surprise when the same assignment came up again today. Even so, I wasn't too upset as I thought that it was offered again because others had complained and the problem was fixed. Obviously that wasn't the case.
My ice wizard sat in Firecat Alley looking for a Pathfinder for HALF AN HOUR without ever seeing a Pathfinder elf. I know it was a full half hour because I actually timed it, starting at 5:05 pm cdt and ending at 5:35 pm. Plus, I stayed at the computer and kept checking for a Pathfinder during that whole time. I know where the Pathfinder spawns and walks, and I had my ice wizard at the intersection of the two streets so she could check both streets. At the end of the half hour, I was so angry that I just quit looking, and have no intention of even wasting my time sending my other wizards in this account to do the daily assignment.
I do understand that mistakes happen, which is why I didn't complain the first time. But to make the same mistake twice in one week, that is going a little too far. Hopefully this type of thing won't keep happening.