Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need some Help With the Game Itself

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2010
Hey, Valkoor SoulBlade Here with a Question needed to be answered.
Why does it not let me Download Both Firefox Version of Wizard101(First Downloaded) And Internet Explorer version of Wizard101(Trying to download)? I can accept help from anybody, including Professor Greyrose, Prospector Zeke, Headmaster Ambrose, heck, even other Wizards! Please Help if you Can. And Thanks.
~Valkoor SoulBlade, Level 47 Pyromancer/Diviner

Edit: I'm only trying to do this so I can complete some quests on Internet Explorer instead of Firefox, Which is either making my computer crash or makes it restart itself. Any Ideas why they happen?(I believe that the first one is because of my graphics card, Because it can't handle the awesomeness that is Wizard101)

Ok I'm not sure where to start, or even how to explain this.

Wizard101 is not played in a browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Wizard101 is a game that is downloaded to your computer and run as an application. When you click the Wizard101 icon on your desktop, you are running the game, not a web browser.

If you're still have issues, get a parent to assist you. If you continue to have technical issues (as you described, some graphical ones) have a parent contact our support team at https://www.wizard101.com/game/contactus for instructions on updating video drivers and other aspects of your computer so that you can continue to play Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
May 10, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Ok I'm not sure where to start, or even how to explain this.

Wizard101 is not played in a browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Wizard101 is a game that is downloaded to your computer and run as an application. When you click the Wizard101 icon on your desktop, you are running the game, not a web browser.

If you're still have issues, get a parent to assist you. If you continue to have technical issues (as you described, some graphical ones) have a parent contact our support team at https://www.wizard101.com/game/contactus for instructions on updating video drivers and other aspects of your computer so that you can continue to play Wizard101.

But isn't Wizard101 an Online Game? Shouldn't it connect to an internet browser?

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
Not really sure why you are even mentioning browsers as the game is downloaded as it's own program. If you are trying to open multiple instances of the game, you can do this, but you have to launch one first, log on, once it's logged onto the game you can then click the wizard icon again to launch another.

Note: You can not use multiple instances if you only have one account. You can only run 1 wizard at a time on a single account. Opening a 2nd, 3rd or more is only if you have more than 1 account. Each one would be logging into a different account.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
FioreFlame967 wrote:

But isn't Wizard101 an Online Game? Shouldn't it connect to an internet browser?

If by online game you mean the standard type that runs in the web browser from a website, then no. It is not. You can't go to the wizard101.com website and find any way to play it in your browser, can you? With "online games", you CAN run them in your browser even if you can also download them.

it does use the Internet to allow people to all connect to the game at the same time, but that is all.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
FioreFlame967 wrote:

No. As Zeke explained, this game is a free-standing download to your computer. It matters not what browser you are using to download the game. You don't play the game within the browser.