Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need NEW updates for quests.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 29, 2018
I look for help and it takes me to the 2011 message boards. It says you can buy things in the bazzar. No you can not. I look for alot of items and the messages boards take me way before the change. We need a updated version!!!!! The special... Golden squash. You may need to go back and DELETE OLD posts that does not help us.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
lilcook67 on Jan 13, 2019 wrote:
I look for help and it takes me to the 2011 message boards. It says you can buy things in the bazzar. No you can not. I look for alot of items and the messages boards take me way before the change. We need a updated version!!!!! The special... Golden squash. You may need to go back and DELETE OLD posts that does not help us.
Hiya and welcome to message boards!

You're right that sometimes information can be out of date and it can be difficult to work out what still applies. However, the good news is that the Golden Squash you seek CAN be bought in the bazaar!

Go into the bazaar and click X to speak to Elik. Now click the arrow pointing right (it's near the top right), this takes you to other sections of the bazaar. You'll need to click 3 times - 1. housing; 2. Treasure Cards; 3. All Cards; 4 takes us back to Equipment.

You're now on 'All Cards' and it will be showing you the list of available reagents. At the top left (below the Buy, Sell and Bank Sell tabs) there are 3 icons. Reagents, Pet Snacks and Gardening Treasure Cards. Click on Pet Snacks. Now just click the right arrow near the bottom (where it shows how many pages of snacks there are) until you get to Golden Squash...there are 100 there right now and they're low XP so not a popular purchase. You'll find some available and should be able to get all the snacks you need for your quest (I'm guessing you're doing 'The Special' from Ogden Peake)

When looking for the most up-to-date info the best place can be searching the wiki online instead of message boards. The message boards are fantastic for finding opinions and discussions of ideas but when we want to search a quest or item etc the wiki is very clear (huge thanks to the Wiki Masters for all their hard work keeping it up-to-date!)

EG Click HERE for info on the Golden Squash snack. Click HERE for info on the quest 'The Special'.

I hope this helps!

Administrator
Are we talking about information being out of date in the game, or here on the message boards? If it's here on the message boards, I'm happy to clean up any areas that are out of date, just let me know what those are please!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on Jan 25, 2019 wrote:
Are we talking about information being out of date in the game, or here on the message boards? If it's here on the message boards, I'm happy to clean up any areas that are out of date, just let me know what those are please!
Please be very selective when erasing the past!

There are a lot of 'old' threads that have really useful information and guides. When a strategy or info is out of date, new threads pop up and they're the first we find when searching. It's nice to still have some of the old methods for comparison (and they still work too).

The OP was directed to a 2011 thread instead of a newer one because the info in it hasn't needed updating because it still works! It is the best advice for getting the snacks for the quest. I don't think the problem was out-of-date info, it seems to be not finding snacks in the bazaar. Now the OP knows how to find all the other pages in the bazaar and that all the snacks for the quest can be bought there

Loads of the guides and advice I've found helpful has been from posts made long before I met Merle for that very first tutorial!