Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My problems with Wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 21, 2009
Hello message board viewers! I am here to resolve my problems with Wizard 101 since the new pet upgrades.

First Of All: I want to know what is Mob world data?

Next: Ever since the advanced pets just randomly Wizard 101 will shut down all of a sudden it will say wizard graphical client exe has occured a problem, and its getting on my nerves!

Next: It takes awhile for everything to load when you get in to a new area for me, and the people are invisible for awhile, in the pet pavilion none of the in game chracters are visible.

Finally: I have problems when I race in the derby, what I mean is, when you first get on the track it takes forever to load. Then when it finally does load it shows me and other people off somewhere off the track. Finally when my pet actually does show up it is at the start line and I can't move my pet.

If you or someone you know have occured some of these problems please post so that way we can fix these problems, and ty for reading .

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
deal with them, or fix your computer, 3 out of 3 of these are YOUR COMPUTER'S fault. update it

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
christopher62597 wrote:
Hello message board viewers! I am here to resolve my problems with Wizard 101 since the new pet upgrades.

From my best judgment & previous knowledge, a Mob was always another name for NPC (Non-Player Character) that you typically fought against.

christopher62597 wrote:
Next: Ever since the advanced pets just randomly Wizard 101 will shut down all of a sudden it will say wizard graphical client exe has occured a problem, and its getting on my nerves!

I honestly can't help you here, it seems just like a normal game crash. It should go away after awhile.

christopher62597 wrote:
Next: It takes awhile for everything to load when you get in to a new area for me, and the people are invisible for awhile, in the pet pavilion none of the in game chracters are visible.

You essentially answered your own question, "It takes awhile for everything to load." That typically means the Wizard101 client is slow, or your computer is. As Alec suggested, rather rudely, try cleaning up your PC. IE: Disc cleanup & defragmenter, run virus scans, Etc..

christopher62597 wrote:
Finally: I have problems when I race in the derby, what I mean is, when you first get on the track it takes forever to load. Then when it finally does load it shows me and other people off somewhere off the track. Finally when my pet actually does show up it is at the start line and I can't move my pet.

This is most likely attributed to the fact that since Pet Derby was just released, it still has quite a few bugs and glitches. I suggest waiting for Kings Isle to take a look at at 'fix' it up a bit.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
deal with them, or fix your computer, 3 out of 3 of these are YOUR COMPUTER'S fault. update it

First let me say, nothing is ever solved by being rude and nasty. There is an old saying that my mother used to say "if u can't say nothing nice, than say nothing at all."

Next, (s)he isn't the only one experiencing these problems since the upgrades. This is not an issue with this person's computer. Many people have reported the same problem, especially with the graphic error.

Next time get your facts straight.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

<snip>
Next time get your facts straight.

That's being a bit rude, too. Just saying.

In answer to the opening poster:

Mob-world data is simply part of the game and/or an update that isn't on your computer yet; It's being downloaded.

Anything that has to do with pets is apt to bring severe lag, as a lot of people are trying to use the pet system. This will get better over time, as the novelty wears off and people get back to other areas of the game. Nor do you have to be in pets itself. The fact that pets are being used will lag everything else. About the best you can do is find a "perfect" designation server.

When you go to a new area, the game has to download it to your machine. The downloads are usually quite large, and if your connection is slow or W101's servers are busy or heavily trafficked, it may take some time. Until it's downloaded, you'll have to wait. Nothing can be done about that.

And again, the derby, being part of pets, is going to be lagged until people start weaning off of it and get back to the other parts of the game.

I hope this helps.

Hero
May 27, 2009
What also slows down your load time that you may not realize is everything that everyone else in that area is carrying. I noticed every time I got into the Pet Pavilion, it had to load information about new pets that people had that I had not encountered before. So if you are loading a commons area where there are a bazillion people, it's going to take a LONG time to load all the graphics for all those wizards' stuff - mounts, pets, clothing, wands, etc.

Stay in Perfect Realms! When it does finally all load, jump to Leprechaun or Lincoln, they usually have far less population than the first page or so of Realms.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
it was kinda rude, but i get tired of people complaining about them not winning and blaming it on something else, like the program, or hackers. and yes some of these are computer problems, some program
in response to sanmil~
No one cares about what ur mom said, sorry it;s trure *shrugs*

Defender
May 21, 2009
Thank you to everyone who has helped me so far, if it wasn't for you guys I would have figured out how to fix my problems :D.
Also what you said Alec Volterra was kinda rude you could've said it more nicely I mean do you have any manners . To all of the viewers reading here is what he said,
AlecVolterra wrote:
see what I mean you could have said that a whole lot nicer.

ty for reading!

Explorer
May 19, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
it was kinda rude, but i get tired of people complaining about them not winning and blaming it on something else, like the program, or hackers. and yes some of these are computer problems, some program
in response to sanmil~
No one cares about what ur mom said, sorry it;s trure *shrugs*

lol mate take a deep breath and relax :)

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I'm also having the Graphical Client crash. Yesterday it happened 3 times during the day. Is it because the servers are so full or because the game is set for certain actions and the players are going farther ahead than the game is ready for them to?

Please be kind in your post back.
Thanks.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
can someone plz help me? my Mob-world data loading isnt going at all !!, it will start to go for a few seconds but then goes back to zero and the highest the data has ever gone is 2 percent.Not even my wizard clothes will show up on me or the other players!!!

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
christopher62597 wrote:

If you or someone you know have occured some of these problems please post so that way we can fix these problems, and ty for reading .
i had a problem too in pet derby, it was taking a long time to load even thought all 4 pets were there, finally it started working, but suddenly my pet turned it fell off the course! the strange thing was there was actually a course down there, and i saw real parts of krokotopia, then, finally, my pet came up, but it was slow for the whole race and couldnt get boosts

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
ya, that happened to me too, most of the time I'm in a battle when my client crashes, mine is worse. Every time it crashes, not only my computer gets slower but it take 15 minutes for my computer to restore everything. I have to start over dungeons, battles, and more! please help, it's been happening ever since the new updates to wizard101

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
christopher62597 wrote:
Thank you to everyone who has helped me so far, if it wasn't for you guys I would have figured out how to fix my problems :D.
Also what you said Alec Volterra was kinda rude you could've said it more nicely I mean do you have any manners . To all of the viewers reading here is what he said,
AlecVolterra wrote:
see what I mean you could have said that a whole lot nicer.

ty for reading!

I find that rude too, but christopher, people will be rude, people will make fun of people, but you can't change that. All you can do is keep yourself from doing it and you will have lots of friends! :-D

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
Game lag can happen to any computer christopher. There are ways to make it easier on you. See alot of times When playing any MMO games and you enter a new area Like Going to one World to the Next World in Wizard101. The game server has to Access there Info to give to you. Then your computer has to Take that info and Collect it from your Hard disk/Ram

I had this same problem on my laptop but a differnt online Game. I would have Slow load up time going from one area to the Next.

Here how I fix it.

1. Mybe Buy a Solid State Drive. It has no Moving Parts and Use memory chips. Very Fast at booting up. But cost alot.

2 Check your Internet Connection. Bad connections will slow you down.

3 Defrag your hard drive (Do not Defrag SSD Drives)

4 If you have 1 or 2 GB of ram mybe Upgrade your Ram to 4gb.

5 Clean install of Windows and software.

6 Update Drivers.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
AlecVolterra wrote:

Thank you! Thank you! this explains evrything 4 my friend yay ayy aay aaa yya yyy yaa

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Well, to the people arguing, a simple QUIT.

To the original poster, your computer might need updating. Restart it and fix anything that comes up as an update. (lol if that's wrong term, Windows is my second language and I'm sry )
After you update it, try running the game again. If the game is still running slowly, you could try this.
-Delete the game from your computer entirely, and then re-install it. You may have missed an update patch of some sort, and reloading the game could fix it.
-After that, try running the game again. If you still have problems, I would recommend sending a ticket to Kingsisle here:
https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Good luck! :D