Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Damage Isn't Right

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
So I stumbled upon something that didn't seem right to me, my damage, I was looking over my gear and adding it up, and the numbers weren't right, I also looked at another storm the same level as me, and his damage wasn't right either, both of our damage counts were one off of what they should've been, I'm not exactly sure why this is, but it kinda bothers me.

(Screenshot link removed per the rules. ~Dworgyn)

That is a screenshot of my damage and all the items that add up to the damage. I've used a calculator 3 different times using addition, and every time it comes up with the sum of 134. When it shows that I have 133, this could be a glitch unintended or something that I probably didn't know about, either way I'd like to know.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Zwo12345 on Feb 15, 2017 wrote:
So I stumbled upon something that didn't seem right to me, my damage, I was looking over my gear and adding it up, and the numbers weren't right, I also looked at another storm the same level as me, and his damage wasn't right either, both of our damage counts were one off of what they should've been, I'm not exactly sure why this is, but it kinda bothers me.

(Screenshot link removed per the rules. ~Dworgyn)

That is a screenshot of my damage and all the items that add up to the damage. I've used a calculator 3 different times using addition, and every time it comes up with the sum of 134. When it shows that I have 133, this could be a glitch unintended or something that I probably didn't know about, either way I'd like to know.
This is probably working the same way resist does. If you are showing 100% resist, you actually only have 99%. In order to have 100%, the numbers should be showing 101%.

I would assume damage is the same.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
If part of that sum is from pet talents, you may be experiencing rounding error, since the display rounds things to whole numbers, but pet talents don't actually behave that way.

Lets say you had pain giver and storm giver on your pet, and stats of 225 everything

That would make both talents about 5.6%, which would both round to 6 on the pet display. However your damage total adds each gear item and pet talent individually, so 5.6 + 5.6 = 11.2

That makes your displayed total 11, not 12. In reality it will act as the correct value of 11.2% when boosting damage, but display as 11 on character display and as 6 + 6 on the pet. You are getting the correct damage. It's not a glitch, but only a byproduct of the way display rounding works.

TL;DR: it's probably just a display issue, don't worry about it