Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana burn not removing pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I am at DS and I was fighting a life boss that had 4 pips. I used mana burn one of my wand spells so it took away 3 of her pips but then she used sun bird with one pip. Can someone tell me if this was a glitch or how mana burn works

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
if you use mana burn and the opponent has chosen to cast at the same time, they still get to cast. the cast is decided when the card is chosen and cannot be altered until the next time a card is chosen. so, if i cast mana burn against an opponent with full pips and they cast a rank tenth spell the same round they will be burned but the spell still cast. If i cast mana burn against an opponent with full pips and they choose to blade that round, they will be burned and will not have enough pips to choose that card next round. i hope this helps.
Amber Raven Song,

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Mana burn doesn't work as a dispel, the game only checks if you have enough pips when you cast a spell. Having your pips burned up won't stop a spell that the player/boss has already decided on.

Defender
May 30, 2010
it does remove pips however if the mob or boss uses a spell that is for or more pips they can still cast it as long as they don't fiz and it will still work . it a glitch

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
mollyisthebest on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
it does remove pips however if the mob or boss uses a spell that is for or more pips they can still cast it as long as they don't fiz and it will still work . it a glitch
It's not a glitch. Mana is spent at time of choosing a spell. Fizzle will mean losing the pips and cast, but it correctly allows the spell to cast and subtracts pips accordingly. It was never meant to prevent concurrent casts, it only prevents future casts.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
AmberRavenSong7 on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
if you use mana burn and the opponent has chosen to cast at the same time, they still get to cast. the cast is decided when the card is chosen and cannot be altered until the next time a card is chosen. so, if i cast mana burn against an opponent with full pips and they cast a rank tenth spell the same round they will be burned but the spell still cast. If i cast mana burn against an opponent with full pips and they choose to blade that round, they will be burned and will not have enough pips to choose that card next round. i hope this helps.
Amber Raven Song,
thx for telling me why it happend