Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Little banner to press x for interactions missing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
I recently beat wintertusk and was about to try waterworks when I noticed something was missing. All through wizard city, when I went to pick up a reagent the little banner on the bottom of the he screen saying "press x" didn't come up.
At first I thought nothing of it, but then I went down to waterworks and the banner saying "press x to enter this dungeon" was gone, too. I could still press x and enter the dungeon, but the banner itself couldn't come up, meaning that I can't access the team up option either.
I don't know if I accidentally hit something in the options menu or if there's and actual bug... Can anyone help me? I've tried going back to the character selection screen and jumping back into the game, but it didn't work. I haven't tried logging out yet....

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Surf da web on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
I recently beat wintertusk and was about to try waterworks when I noticed something was missing. All through wizard city, when I went to pick up a reagent the little banner on the bottom of the he screen saying "press x" didn't come up.
At first I thought nothing of it, but then I went down to waterworks and the banner saying "press x to enter this dungeon" was gone, too. I could still press x and enter the dungeon, but the banner itself couldn't come up, meaning that I can't access the team up option either.
I don't know if I accidentally hit something in the options menu or if there's and actual bug... Can anyone help me? I've tried going back to the character selection screen and jumping back into the game, but it didn't work. I haven't tried logging out yet....
You might have accidentally turned off that feature for the "dungeon warnings".

You can turn that feature back on. When you are in the game, press "escape" to bring up your options.

Then, click on the "second joystick" icon at the top of the screen (it is the fifth icon at the top).
Check your setting for "Dungeon Warnings" to show "Yes", then click "OK" at the bottom of the screen.

You should now see the dungeon warnings again when you play.

Hope this helps.

P.S. - Also, here is a link that shows "keyboard shortcuts" from the Players Guide, in case you are interested:

https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/keyboardshortcuts

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
You can try to log back and the log back on to see if it works. It happened to me a lot. So I tried logging off , and then on, and it worked.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Surf da web on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
Many times after playing a pet game the interactive box will disappear. Here are a couple of things you can do.

1) exit completely out of the game and relaunch. (Very annoying)

2) return to a pet game. Press x even if you don't have the interactive box. Then hit cancel. That will bring box back.

I am not sure of the other ways of bringing back the box. Maybe someone else has an idea.