Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life School Without Enough Spells?

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
13
As a Life School Student, I've noticed that I don't a many attacks.
There are about four attacks in the life school, two of them being beginner spells.
And only one attack card you get from a side quest.

I know Life School is geared towards healing, but I find it annoying having all these boosts and only one Life Spell to use it on. There are basically only two life attacks that are actually worht using, Seraph and Centaur.
So therefore, I think there should be a few more Life attacks made.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
36
o0superpea0o wrote:
As a Life School Student, I've noticed that I don't a many attacks.
There are about four attacks in the life school, two of them being beginner spells.
And only one attack card you get from a side quest.

I know Life School is geared towards healing, but I find it annoying having all these boosts and only one Life Spell to use it on. There are basically only two life attacks that are actually worht using, Seraph and Centaur.
So therefore, I think there should be a few more Life attacks made.


Most Life students all have the same idea but KI hasn't answered our plea. I think this game is wonderful but with the addition of 2 maybe even 3 more life attack spells would make the Life school up with the rest of the schools. I came up with ideas for 2 more but no one has posted on my ideas and only 3 people have looked so if anyone can get people to look at NEW LIFE ATTACK SPELLS maybe KI will do something.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
148
I agree. This is the reason why I chose Storm as my second school.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
144
heh you guys dont get it do you? I have hit 20000 with centaur and i am fine with it. There is no point in having storm as a second i thought it was good but i realised i was wrong :). Think about it if you have 5 power pips thats enough to use stormzilla and do 700 damage but thats also enough ( if you gained a power pip that round) to use centaur twice and do over a thousand therefor damage in a secondary is a useless thing unless you never get a power pip which i doubt



Joseph Liferider level 48 Life Private
Joseph Sandrider Level 29 Balance Warlord

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
Yes I have a maxed life wizard and an adept death wizard (I like life best) And I have been thinking about a new life card there should be called harpy it should do 750 life damage and convert half to your own health. This would be one awesome jump for the life school please give me your opinion people



btw harpies are women that have the body of an eagle they sing very well and if you listen to their singing they can control your mind they live with the centaurs, dryads, satyrs and all that good stuff so it would be a great adition to life it could attack bye looking at them and singing and music notes attack them and then the harpy turns around and sings to you and heals you half the damage it did.

ps: PLEASE consider this idea KI you should add a new spell to other classes to dont know what they could do but heres some ideas for ice avalanch for fire volcano for storm maelstrom balance a big dragon that hits with everything but itself. Thank you for your time

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
36
bravevline wrote:
Yes I have a maxed life wizard and an adept death wizard (I like life best) And I have been thinking about a new life card there should be called harpy it should do 750 life damage and convert half to your own health. This would be one awesome jump for the life school please give me your opinion people



btw harpies are women that have the body of an eagle they sing very well and if you listen to their singing they can control your mind they live with the centaurs, dryads, satyrs and all that good stuff so it would be a great adition to life it could attack bye looking at them and singing and music notes attack them and then the harpy turns around and sings to you and heals you half the damage it did.

ps: PLEASE consider this idea KI you should add a new spell to other classes to dont know what they could do but heres some ideas for ice avalanch for fire volcano for storm maelstrom balance a big dragon that hits with everything but itself. Thank you for your time
Ok just saying something here when you say harpies those were the bird ladies that attacked and ate people. The singing part I think your thinking of sirens from Odysseus's journey in the Oddesy but even then they led people to there doom.....any way how bout a Griffin or Pegasus those are closer to life I think.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
4
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
30
Poor thing. This is the reason as to why we have a secondary school! You shouldn't complain that much.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
1
Hi, I agree that life school could have more attacks, but thee weird thing is I never got life swords EVER. But yes i agree it could have a bit more life attacks. :-D

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
96
I'M CHEERING FOR ALL THE LIFE WIZARDS OUT THERE!

Griffins and Pagesus would be closer.
Griffins should do damage like maybe 600-740
Pagesus should do 700 to 770 nd give you an absorb right after the attack and boost healing

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
2
Even then. a Secondary school won't give much.
Only a few cards, though the last two are the only one's that are actually worth using.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2008
1
What we really need is an attack that gets all the opponents. For a level 50 Spell that should be in the 450 to 550 range and hit 90% of the time.

Name it after a fast growing plant, like Kudzu, or blackberry.

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
the whole point of being a life wizard is to be a support character.
your number one piroity is to heal others, attacking is the last thing life wizards should ever worry about.


life has around the same amount of single target attacks as everyone else, and if you were to add any AoE attacks to life then they would have to get rid of unicorn and rebirth to make it fair to the other schools

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
54
DarthNexus wrote:
the whole point of being a life wizard is to be a support character.
your number one piroity is to heal others, attacking is the last thing life wizards should ever worry about.


life has around the same amount of single target attacks as everyone else, and if you were to add any AoE attacks to life then they would have to get rid of unicorn and rebirth to make it fair to the other schools
Whole point in being a life wizard is to be a support character? Number one priority is to heal others? Attacking the last thing I should ever worry about? All wrong.

As far as life needing another attack. I don't think so. Centaur gets the job done. I've soloed Jade Oni and hit for over 15,000 with centaur. Other than wand attacks centaur is the only attack I use. Stack your traps and blades, use your prisms, and take advantage of your power pips.
Thanks Kieran Dragonflame Lvl 49 Theurgist

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
kith6227 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
the whole point of being a life wizard is to be a support character.
your number one piroity is to heal others, attacking is the last thing life wizards should ever worry about.


life has around the same amount of single target attacks as everyone else, and if you were to add any AoE attacks to life then they would have to get rid of unicorn and rebirth to make it fair to the other schools
Whole point in being a life wizard is to be a support character? Number one priority is to heal others? Attacking the last thing I should ever worry about? All wrong.

As far as life needing another attack. I don't think so. Centaur gets the job done. I've soloed Jade Oni and hit for over 15,000 with centaur. Other than wand attacks centaur is the only attack I use. Stack your traps and blades, use your prisms, and take advantage of your power pips.
Thanks Kieran Dragonflame Lvl 49 Theurgist


this whole game is forced to be grouped most of the time, so i am right.
and you saying that one attack is all life needs only proves it even more

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
13
DarthNexus wrote:
the whole point of being a life wizard is to be a support character.
your number one piroity is to heal others, attacking is the last thing life wizards should ever worry about.

life has around the same amount of single target attacks as everyone else, and if you were to add any AoE attacks to life then they would have to get rid of unicorn and rebirth to make it fair to the other schools


I beg to differ here. Balance as a support character, sure, but even they can do enough to solo the game if you do your spells correctly.

While I do agree that we need maybe one more attack card, I do well enough with Seraphs and Centaurs using blades, traps, etc that I don't always need my secondary school. That said, I have a second deck I keep stocked with only my secondary cards (Death) for when I'm faced with a Life boss, but even then, it's quite difficult to fight without your primary cards because of Power Pips. I have the capability with my Life cards to use a Seraph on the first turn (staff has +1 pip, both can be power pips), whereas to use a Vampire, I have to wait at least two extra turns. This puts your secondary school at a huge disadvantage.

As far as Life wizards attacks being the last thing we need to worry about, how would you make it through a solo fight with no attack cards? That's right, you wouldn't. I'm happy to maintain a third deck with nothing but healing cards with just a few Centaurs thrown in for when I'm facing a major boss with a group of friends, where I do go fully support and healing, but I rarely use that deck at all, and even with that deck, I usually end up throwing out one or two Centaurs during the fight because I've kept everyone healed and have enough pips to do so.

Life as support only? Not in the least. I have so far very much enjoyed the fact that the healing class has a high amount of hit points and the ability to have just as much fighting strength and defensive armor as the schools with the most damage output (Storm/Fire). Most other games I've played, the healer is at a huge disadvantage with little health and almost no armor/strength, but able to do massive heals. That works out great in a group situation, but what I think KI has realized in this is that even in a MMORPG, not everyone's in it for the group play. Making the healers very much self-sufficient is one of the things I've loved this game for.

I would love an AoE though. I picked up a Blizzard card from a necklace and I love to throw that out and kill off one or two enemies at once in a fight. Even with Unicorn and Rebirth for AoE heals, it would be nice to have an AoE attack card with which I could utilize my power pips.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
19
guys you dont see it at all do you if life gets more attacks they would have to either lose spells or add more to all schools witch either way would still mean life would have less attacks life is a healing school honestly they arent meant to attack much having to many attacks would ruin the concept of even being life at all and i say from xp i have a level 50 life

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
36
kazukiangel wrote:
guys you dont see it at all do you if life gets more attacks they would have to either lose spells or add more to all schools witch either way would still mean life would have less attacks life is a healing school honestly they arent meant to attack much having to many attacks would ruin the concept of even being life at all and i say from xp i have a level 50 life
So what you are saying is if Life students want more spells we need to come up with ideas for other schools as well.?

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
30
o0superpea0o wrote:
As a Life School Student, I've noticed that I don't a many attacks.
There are about four attacks in the life school, two of them being beginner spells.
And only one attack card you get from a side quest.

I know Life School is geared towards healing, but I find it annoying having all these boosts and only one Life Spell to use it on. There are basically only two life attacks that are actually worht using, Seraph and Centaur.
So therefore, I think there should be a few more Life attacks made.


Sorry, but you can actually do enough damage with Seraph and Centaur. Plus you have your secondary school.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
54
DarthNexus wrote:
kith6227 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
the whole point of being a life wizard is to be a support character.
your number one piroity is to heal others, attacking is the last thing life wizards should ever worry about.


life has around the same amount of single target attacks as everyone else, and if you were to add any AoE attacks to life then they would have to get rid of unicorn and rebirth to make it fair to the other schools
Whole point in being a life wizard is to be a support character? Number one priority is to heal others? Attacking the last thing I should ever worry about? All wrong.

As far as life needing another attack. I don't think so. Centaur gets the job done. I've soloed Jade Oni and hit for over 15,000 with centaur. Other than wand attacks centaur is the only attack I use. Stack your traps and blades, use your prisms, and take advantage of your power pips.
Thanks Kieran Dragonflame Lvl 49 Theurgist


this whole game is forced to be grouped most of the time, so i am right.
and you saying that one attack is all life needs only proves it even more
Actually no. Life wizards are perfectly able to play solo. Some players prefer to play in groups, but I don't see where we are forced to do so. With one exception

Variety might be the only reason for a new life attack spell. In dragonspyre seraph just doesn't do enough damage to keep in my deck. We get centaur rather early so it gets used a lot and can get old. There are those woodwalker treasure cards at the bazaar, but I prefer not to spend the gold.
Thanks, Kieran


Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
30
DarthNexus wrote:
kith6227 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
the whole point of being a life wizard is to be a support character.
your number one piroity is to heal others, attacking is the last thing life wizards should ever worry about.


life has around the same amount of single target attacks as everyone else, and if you were to add any AoE attacks to life then they would have to get rid of unicorn and rebirth to make it fair to the other schools
Whole point in being a life wizard is to be a support character? Number one priority is to heal others? Attacking the last thing I should ever worry about? All wrong.

As far as life needing another attack. I don't think so. Centaur gets the job done. I've soloed Jade Oni and hit for over 15,000 with centaur. Other than wand attacks centaur is the only attack I use. Stack your traps and blades, use your prisms, and take advantage of your power pips.
Thanks Kieran Dragonflame Lvl 49 Theurgist


this whole game is forced to be grouped most of the time, so i am right.
and you saying that one attack is all life needs only proves it even more


Life wizards have the capability to help groups and solo. Mainly Life wizards are there for life support, healing others is a big part of being a life wizard. Life wizards are fine with their own spells plus their secondary school.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
DarthNexus wrote:
the whole point of being a life wizard is to be a support character.
your number one piroity is to heal others, attacking is the last thing life wizards should ever worry about.


life has around the same amount of single target attacks as everyone else, and if you were to add any AoE attacks to life then they would have to get rid of unicorn and rebirth to make it fair to the other schools
I dont want to hurt your feelings darth nexus but I have to say I dont agree with you

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
Life is my big thing when I am playing wizard101 and I would LOVE another attack spell but just saying dont say life is weak our strongest spell centaur 515-595 is actually stronger than the two strongest death spells wraith 500 damage conert half to own health and skeletal pirate 430-510 damage and if thats not enough for ya go to youtube and type in wizard101 centaur hits and click the biggest hit your in for a real treat

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
36
EVEN if we never do get another attack spell as Life couldn't we just get some new animations for our to strongest spells seraph and Centaur? That way even if we do use the spell over and over we have some variation.

Thomas EarthStrider
Dark Blaze 83
Level 33 Magus Theurgist.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
13
Greetings all good Wizards :). I just thought I would say a few words about "Not eonough Spells". I am a Life student who has been playing this game for a little under 3 months now and I LOVE this game and school!! I have soloed the majority of most of the worlds using only what I have been given from the life school. Yes, there have been occassions that I have needed help (and all help has been appreciate from those who have helped me), but, for the most part (because of the hours I have available to me to play the game) I do solo. I have even had the pleasure of defeating Malistare on his own ground with the help of only ONE other person . Life has plenty of attack and defense if you use your card properly. One thing I have noticed is this game teaches you to make "good" choices, you learn to analyse very quickly. I do buy treasure cards, but, use them only on rare occassions. I still have the majority of my training points as I have yet to see the real need for a "second" school . I enjoy the challenge of defeating the "enemy" with only what I have been given, and succeed about 90% of the time. Yes, there are times I get defeated, but, hey!!...if I won ALL the time, what would be the challenge, eh? I enjoy being able to help others...I like to heal them, give them shields, etc., but, I also like being able to throw my own attack in there from time to time :) The whole point being, Life character is NOT a "whimp"!!! A Life character can be very aggressive and supportive at the same time in any battle. Enjoy your Life in this game....it IS a "wonderful Life"

Concerning drops....well, I have noticed there are two major factors regarding drops: 1) LUCK!!, 2) your position in the battle - first position usually gets the better drops, so, don't be afraid to be first (even if you know you are going to get hit a lot), it can be very rewarding :)

Note to KI: I have noticed that many of the "major" bosses seem to NOT drop many usefull items for a Life character. Maybe it is just me and bad luck...OR, maybe it is something that needs to be looked into .

Final Note: Enjoy the game (I most certianly do), play it well, and you WILL succeed!!!

Valarian Liontamer lvl 50 GrandMaster Thurgist

1