Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life MOBS with mastery amulets in Avalon?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
so, my archmage necromancer and his ice buddy are in keep of ganelon and we both just saw a life enemy cast empower on itself.

it was just a mob, not even a boss... and i thought only azteca bosses has mastery amulets. did i miss some important update, or is this a glitch?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Dr Von on Jan 13, 2013 wrote:
so, my archmage necromancer and his ice buddy are in keep of ganelon and we both just saw a life enemy cast empower on itself.

it was just a mob, not even a boss... and i thought only azteca bosses has mastery amulets. did i miss some important update, or is this a glitch?
Mobs have always been able to cast spells from other schools (in Dragonspyre every mob casts weakness it seems). Empower is a 1 pip cost spell, so that isn't a good indicator if a mob is using a mastery amulet or not (since mastery amulets allow you to cast at that school's pip cost). Same thing with 0 pip cost spells.

So I assume that Azteca mobs are still the only mobs with mastery amulet capabilities.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Nope it happens throughout avalon an azteca from what i noticed.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Avalon's creatures do that, and I do not believe you need a mastery amulet to cast a spell of a different school. I noticed many creatures in many worlds casting different school spells, but not different school attacks (exception: Azteca)

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Many enemies tend to cast spells that aren't from their school way before Azteca. They just weren't as big.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dr Von on Jan 13, 2013 wrote:

Von, I noticed the same thing when I did the Keep and I looked for the signature of a Mastery Amulet and did not see one. You are right in that it was a mob.

Frankly, I really don't like the idea of any bosses have those amulets, but I guess there is not much we can do about it since Az has gone overboard already.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
well, never ever happened to me in Avalon, but in Azteca some bosses carry "mastery amulets" and it says so on wizard101 wiki