Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 86 Pacal Redmask won't talk to me

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
So I was in Cenote on something or other and leveled up to 86. A tip icon appeared in the lower right of my screen where Pacal said, "Come see me out in the Zocalo, I have news that may interest you..."

I went to the Zocalo and saw him standing there but there was no question mark or anything over his head.

I relogged, still nothing. Went to the spiral gate room to see if I was supposed to see him there, no dice. Three Points - no dice.

Unfortunately since there's no quest to see him in my quest log, and there's no other way to review the tip dialog, I can't be sure I haven't lost whatever it was he wanted from me, forever.

What gives? I know I've seen threads like this for other missed mentor notification tooltips, but I've tried the workarounds. And I don't think it was an update - oddly enough, though I got disconnected while I was working on Belloq in the pyramid, about the same time that the serv goes down for maintenance some nights (this time without any 15m warning).

Cheryl Crow 86

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
crunkatog on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
So I was in Cenote on something or other and leveled up to 86. A tip icon appeared in the lower right of my screen where Pacal said, "Come see me out in the Zocalo, I have news that may interest you..."

I went to the Zocalo and saw him standing there but there was no question mark or anything over his head.

I relogged, still nothing. Went to the spiral gate room to see if I was supposed to see him there, no dice. Three Points - no dice.

Unfortunately since there's no quest to see him in my quest log, and there's no other way to review the tip dialog, I can't be sure I haven't lost whatever it was he wanted from me, forever.

What gives? I know I've seen threads like this for other missed mentor notification tooltips, but I've tried the workarounds. And I don't think it was an update - oddly enough, though I got disconnected while I was working on Belloq in the pyramid, about the same time that the serv goes down for maintenance some nights (this time without any 15m warning).

Cheryl Crow 86
The level 86 quest from Pascal is for the Sun Spell. I would suggest contacting support with this issue.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Well I had the same problem and the answer was right in front of my eyes the whole time. you have to defeat wanadi blacksky (boss pacal redmask asks you to defeat at level 84) in order to get the quest for sharpened blade. I know that boss is hard but when you take out the 2 fire minions and spam myth shields it gets easier. I hope I helped
Stephen Level 90 Myth Promethean

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Hm okay, problem seems to have fixed itself spontaneously. I was tooling around the Zocalo today and had forgotten about the problem when I noticed Pacal had a side quest for me.

I beat Wanadi Black Sky a couple days ago, like at least 12 hours before the disconnect incident, and had already gotten my star spell. I guess I was supposed to get the tip icon just after activating the star obelisk, since I'm overleveled and was already 85 when I went to begin it.

I just picked up the quest lines unlocking the Saltmeadow Marsh area this evening, though. So that may have been why Pacal wouldn't talk to me - because I hadn't gotten access to Ponce's area yet.

Case closed!