Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Launcher Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
Hi. When I click the wizard launcher when I go to play, I sometimes minimize it to go do other things while I wait for it to load. When I minimize it, it won't let me back on the launcher or close it down. This is really annoying as I have to restart my computer. Is it just my computer is it something that other people have experienced?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yes. The Launcher HATES to be minimized. It's really quite annoying. You can open task manager to close the launcher instead of restarting the whole computer.

Do CTRL+ALT+DEL (press all three buttons on the keyboard at the same time and it's delete not backspace.)

This opens up a menu click "task manager"

This opens task manager you then can click on Wizard101 and then "End Task" this will close the Wizard101 launcher without having to shut down the entire system. (You can use this trick for a number of other programs too.)

Yeah, sorry to hear that you're having the same issue as me, but good luck in Wizard101!

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
Yeah. That happens to me all the time. Next time, just keep it up before clicking your web browser. I guess your computer is just trying to do too much at a time.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
Wow thanks! This really helps because my computer is terrible and sooooo long to reboot. Thanks for the help!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Will there ever be a fix for this? Because I've got Wizard on 3 different computers and it happens on all three?