Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Issues with graphic settings

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
First off, whenever I log into the game, it changes my Nvidia Control Panel settings to default and I then have to reconfigure them. This is a huge issue because no game should have the ability to change my monitors' settings, let alone have the ability to mess with a program not related to the game itself. Secondly, the changes I make to the game's settings DO NOT save. Through the launcher settings, after making changes, I click "Apply" and then "OK". I can immediately open those settings back up after the window closes and these settings didn't save. The in-game settings will last as long as the game is open. As soon as I close the game those settings are then defaulted. When I launch the game back up it chooses to use the launcher's settings, which I can't change because again, they don't save. I want to play in full 1920x1080, not windowed 1024x768.
My process when I want to play is as follows: Open game launcher, log in, open Nvidia Control Panel and reconfigure my PC's settings, click back over to Wizard101 and change the in-game settings, start playing the game.

This process takes ~15 minutes but would probably be less if I could be bothered to write down my Nvidia settings, although I don't because I shouldn't have to go in and change them back. Oh and I should probably mention that touching the brightness slider in-game changes my Nvidia settings to default as well.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I've never seen this problem, but a workaround you might try is check the settings before you login. You can click the settings button in the launcher and set them there before you load.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
seethe42 on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
I've never seen this problem, but a workaround you might try is check the settings before you login. You can click the settings button in the launcher and set them there before you load.
I said in my post that the launcher settings don't save and immediately reset when I close the pop-up window. However, I found out that if I close the game through Windows Task Manager instead of quitting from in-game, my settings save so long as I DON'T open the launcher settings. This does not stop the game from messing with Nvida Control Panel.