Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Issue with Rattlebones Ultra

AuthorMessage
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I'm loving the new ultra dungeons. There's one issue that should be fixed/changed with the Rattlebones exalted. I'm not sure if it is an unintended bug, or a design flaw. There's an intended cheat - a high power Mana burn - on players who miss the first round. That's fine, but it also triggers any time a player flees and returns. That seems ill-advised and somewhat unfair on a single-shot crown item, since a player who is knocked out will have a VERY difficult time getting back into the fight. Unless you have a dedicated team healer or high resist, you could reenter and be defeated again immediately. That's going to result in some angry customers. Challenges are good, but being loop-killed crosses the line to rage-inducing.

I suggest keeping the cheat for the opening rounds, but changing it to not activate upon dungeon recall.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Agree with this for all tiers. We get it, you don't want coattail-riding lower level wizards joining late. But if you are legit not set up with tanking gear, you will find it hard to finish. Our hitter died the round he was to hit, and then never again could join without dying before he had enough pips to hit.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
This happens every time, it is not a bug but a cheat that Rattlebone does along with many other cheats.
For a full guide for the ultra dungeons for Rattlebones, click the links below.

Master Rattlebones Challenge: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Rattlebones_(Rank_7)#axzz3h6j0vFiO

Exalted Rattlebones Challenge http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Rattlebones_(Rank_14)#axzz3h6j0vFiO

-Christopher Waterward, Promethean Student

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Prince of Shadows on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
I'm loving the new ultra dungeons. There's one issue that should be fixed/changed with the Rattlebones exalted. I'm not sure if it is an unintended bug, or a design flaw. There's an intended cheat - a high power Mana burn - on players who miss the first round. That's fine, but it also triggers any time a player flees and returns. That seems ill-advised and somewhat unfair on a single-shot crown item, since a player who is knocked out will have a VERY difficult time getting back into the fight. Unless you have a dedicated team healer or high resist, you could reenter and be defeated again immediately. That's going to result in some angry customers. Challenges are good, but being loop-killed crosses the line to rage-inducing.

I suggest keeping the cheat for the opening rounds, but changing it to not activate upon dungeon recall.
It isn't a bug and I would suspect that cheat is intended to be used against "flee'ers" as KI is well aware players use that as a strategy in dungeons (why go to the effort of putting that cheat in simply for the rare cases when players don't make it in together on the opening round?).

Also, that cheat is extremely easy to negate. Simply use a Balance dispel before someone flees or reenters the battle.