Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the new Spellement version of Leprechaun busted?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 04, 2014
So Kingsisle seems to have changed the spellement paths for both Imp and Leprechaun. Before Leprechaun cost 2 pips but the spellement path added a heal back function. I farmed the key boss in Mirage for a bunch of spellements to upgrade this functionality on Leprechaun. Now its gone. In it's place is a new spellement path which now adds a pip cost to Leprechaun (now it costs 3 pips instead of 2), and the supposed new capability is something that looks like a healing heart in a circle and is called "activate". I presume it is supposed to activate some sort of a heal or something. The problem is there does not seem to be any way to do this. Looks like a bug.

I tried fighting several mobs using only the new Leprechaun. At no time did it ever do any heal back or activate any sort of healing. So the description on the card is either wrong, or there is a bug, or it is something else. I sure wish they would clarify this. Also, all the spellements I worked for to get the heal back on leprechaun are wasted. Sure I can gain them back (at a cost of 100 crowns and go the alternate damage path instead) but why? If I had know they were going to do this, I wouldn't have bothered spending my time and gold keys fighting the boss in Mirage. Also, why raise the cost of Leprechaun to 3 pips?

Now though, it seems that the healing capability that used to be on Leprechaun has been transferred to the IMP spell. And it has been changed to a heal over time for 3 rounds (Leprechaun originally gave full healing in the same round, not as a heal over time). Also, the pip cost for this has been increased by 1, so that Imp with the healing spellement path now costs 2 pips. The alternate damage spellement path keeps the pip cost at one. Originally my imp was using the alternate increased damage path (it was the only one available for Imp at the time). It seems that when the changeover occurred my imp got moved to the healing path. I don't mind this so much, but the 2 pips now required is an adjustment I will have to keep in mind when fixing future decks for attacks.

So aside from my rant above, can one of the Kingsisle people tell us exactly how the new Leprechaun "Activate" is supposed to work?

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Hi. I have never posted on these forums in the ten years I've had this account, but since I found this thread while looking for the answer about a week ago and figured out what it did just now, I figure I'd reply in case others find this. It seems to force a heal over time to activate again, though the exact specifics are something I didn't test.