Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

In-Game Lag with pay by zone places

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2013
I've noticed that there is a small amount of frame lag when I go into a pay-by-zone place. Could you please tell me why this keeps happening because over time it creates a large amount of sync problems in battles, one time, I was fighting some warhorns on Cyclops Lane and it got so bad i had to call a friend in to help because i was dying. Could you please help with this because it can get frustrating to have to deal with lag in the game. Especially on a full server. Also, could you please fix the "Go to Commons" Button? It redirects you to a random realm when you click on it.

I got really frustrated in pvp because i died, because it had overwritten my move of the treasure card Satyr and instead put nature's wrath, and then i was attacked with 26 hit points left and the person did cyclops. I was extremely frustrated.

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Hello Daniel, I'll try to help you as much as possible. I'm sort of a "techy" kind of person that likes to learn about Computers, Phones, etc. Anyways, I'm gonna try to explain this is the easiest way as possible (even thou I have absolutely no professional experience with Technology). Well, I'll say that it's probably not the game that's lagging, it's your computer. Computer runs programs on a type of memory called RAM (Random Access Memory) and when your computer runs low on RAM, I've learned that programs starts to run on Virtual Memory (I'm guessing the memory that you use to store Pictures, Videos and other stuff on???). Anyways, programs usually tend to run a slower when runned on that memory. And I think that Wizard101 takes up about 730 MB of RAM itself. Wizard101 takes up a lot of RAM to run (because of all the stuff in it, new updates included in the game, and so much things that happens within the game) so try to have Wizard101 be the only open window up when you're playing. Some people don't understand Kilobytes (KB), Megabytes (MB), Gigabytes (GB), etc. so I don't blame you if you're like "huh? 730 MB?". My sister does not understand that computer language while I do soooo yea. Anyways, if having Wizard101 being the only window open doesn't seem to help, then try to restart your computer and then make Wizard101 the first thing you open when you start playing. That sometimes may help. I hope I didn't confuse you too much with the Megabyte and RAM. As for the "Go To Commons" button, I never experienced that problem so I can't help you on that behalf but I did have a Tapestry teleport me to the last place I last was at before I went to my house. I hope you can understand everything that I said and I hope what I suggested helps you in the computer lag. As for the other people that may respond to this post, if you're reading this and you know more about computers then I do, feel free to correct me. I'm a person willing to learn new things about a computer