Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I am 18+, I have made a Credit Card purchase, Still no Open Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Hello. I am just now starting to get back into Wizard101 and I noticed that I do not have access to Open Chat, only Filtered Chat.
I tried to change this by logging into the website with my master password and noticed the Open Chat option was not even available.

After looking into this issue more, I realized that I may have not made a credit card purchase before on the site. So, I made a credit card purchase for a membership on the site and then I tried again. Still, no open chat option.

I am very frustrated as I thought this would resolve my issue and the FAQ stated that it would. I am of age and I have been for a while now and I just made a credit card purchase on the site today. My only two options are "Chat - Filtered Text" and "Chat - True Friends Code." I just want open chat and I have done EVERYTHING to meet the requirements.

I have emailed Wizard101 Support and I have also emailed KingsIsle Support but still have gotten zero responses. On top of this, as I said earlier, I literally meet every single requirement listed to have open chat on the FAQ.

Your account must be created with an age of 18+ years old OR the account has aged into 18+." This means I SHOULD have the Open Chat option because I have aged into 18+.)

Administrator
nitmarejester on Nov 30, 2020 wrote:
Hello. I am just now starting to get back into Wizard101 and I noticed that I do not have access to Open Chat, only Filtered Chat.
I tried to change this by logging into the website with my master password and noticed the Open Chat option was not even available.

After looking into this issue more, I realized that I may have not made a credit card purchase before on the site. So, I made a credit card purchase for a membership on the site and then I tried again. Still, no open chat option.

I am very frustrated as I thought this would resolve my issue and the FAQ stated that it would. I am of age and I have been for a while now and I just made a credit card purchase on the site today. My only two options are "Chat - Filtered Text" and "Chat - True Friends Code." I just want open chat and I have done EVERYTHING to meet the requirements.

I have emailed Wizard101 Support and I have also emailed KingsIsle Support but still have gotten zero responses. On top of this, as I said earlier, I literally meet every single requirement listed to have open chat on the FAQ.

Your account must be created with an age of 18+ years old OR the account has aged into 18+." This means I SHOULD have the Open Chat option because I have aged into 18+.)
Please contact our support team and we'll be happy to help you out: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game