Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how to get open chat if i just turned 18

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
i just turned 18 a day ago and expected open chat to be an option, my card is entered and it's under my name, how would i get open chat?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
alexbowen1 on May 12, 2019 wrote:
i just turned 18 a day ago and expected open chat to be an option, my card is entered and it's under my name, how would i get open chat?
Happy birthday! When was your account created?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
alexbowen1 on May 12, 2019 wrote:
I'm really sorry but your account is probably not able to get open chat because of your age when you first started playing. To double check you could message Support to ask but be prepared for if they say your account won't ever be eligible. It's not their fault, it's because of federal legislation relating to data collection and data storage for anyone under 13.

Here's a link that might be helpful if you want to read a bit more about it.

Sorry it looks like bad news...congratulations on turning 18 though and I hope you had a lovely birthday!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If you were 13 or older when you created your account, you need to make a purchase to enable open chat.