Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have a Credit Card on file and still no open chat?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 28, 2016
It's a bit frustrating to have put in my credit card and still have no open chat. Is there a period of time that I have to wait in order for this to be cleared? Or is there some other step I still need to take?

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
Open chat is only available to players that are 18+ and have spent $10 or more on the game.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
To get open chat, you need to purchase membership, not have your credit card on file.

This is mainly so people can't make a 18+ y/o account and get open chat instantly, and harass other players online.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2016
I actually already have a credit card on file, and I have purchased membership. I am 18+, and still confused.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
spadeseers on Nov 19, 2016 wrote:
It's a bit frustrating to have put in my credit card and still have no open chat. Is there a period of time that I have to wait in order for this to be cleared? Or is there some other step I still need to take?
This might seem like an obvious question, but, did you check your account to see if Open Chat is 'turned on'?

On this website, go to:
- My Accounts and login on that page.; then,
-Click on "Parental Controls" and check your options.

If that doesn't work, you might want to send a ticket by e-mail to support@wizard101.com and ask them to help you set it up.

Hope that helps.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
spadeseers on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
I actually already have a credit card on file, and I have purchased membership. I am 18+, and still confused.
Have you logged into the account using the master password? It's the same as your regular password if your account is the only one attached.

https://www.wizard101.com/user/kiaccounts/parentalcontrols/game

Click the Login Master Password, enter your password. If that page doesn't allow you to turn on Open Text after logging in with Master Password, then you need to contact Support.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2016
Yup! That was actually my first move. But thank you for the advice, I will be contacting Support :)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
spadeseers on Nov 23, 2016 wrote:
Yup! That was actually my first move. But thank you for the advice, I will be contacting Support :)
You may also have to turn it on in you log book under options...