Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatched when my backback was full and lost pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
I just hatched with myself when my backpack was full and was given an egg but when I looked in my backpack which said I had 151 items in it the egg was missing. I sole some items to get down below 150 and it was still not there. my hatching timer had been reset and 40,000+ gold had been taken for the hatch but the egg is gone.

I suggest that being able to hatch when your backpack is full is a bug and should be fixed. if my backpack is full I cant buy anything in the store etc. and this should apply to hatching too.

character is david legendhammer and the hatch was between a brainy assistant and jack o lantern at approx. 145AM EST

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
I believe when you hatch an egg and your backpack is full, it goes straight to your bank, so check in there and you will most likely find it!

Taylor Boomheart 42
Courtney AngleHeart 28

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Check your Bank and Shared Bank. When your pack is full, stuff overflows into your Bank.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I expect someone will chime in with "just don't hatch with a full backpack". Well, sure, that would be smart, but preventing this sort of frustration to players who let little details slip away from them is one thing that distinguishes cult games with tiny fanbases from great games with large numbers of players. I am certain that irishdave is far from the first player that has had this problem, and a few that have had it have been annoyed enough to ragequit. So, if the codebase doesn't make it super complicated to implement irishdave's request, I support Kingsisle doing so. Never mind that I have hatched many times myself without ever doing so with a full backpack.