Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Goat Monk Spell & Zaneki

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
Hello everyone, I’ve stumbled upon what seems to be a bug where despite countless runs, Zaneki isn’t dropping Goat Monk. Please point out if I’m wrong but that’s what I’ve been seeing.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
It most likely is bugged. I believe most bosses that drop spells (aside from Loremaster) are bugged at the moment. I am almost certain spells such as Catch of the Day, Burning Rampage, and Sacred Charge are unobtainable at the moment from their respective bosses based on my own personal farming experiences as well as other's. I just wish they would address it or simply make a statement about it

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Ickabodd on Jan 4, 2021 wrote:
Hello everyone, I’ve stumbled upon what seems to be a bug where despite countless runs, Zaneki isn’t dropping Goat Monk. Please point out if I’m wrong but that’s what I’ve been seeing.
After seeing the reports of many wizards, I'm almost certain that these spells are unobtainable right now but again, I could be wrong. I know bad luck can happen and spell drops are extremely rare so I'd love it if Sparck or someone from Kingsisle could test these bosses to see if their respective spells are dropping. Based on the farming experience of others, they haven't gotten a spell despite doing countless runs and using many Skeleton Keys. I wish for them to either confirm that "Yes these bosses are bugged and the spells aren't dropping" or "No, these bosses aren't bugged, we're just unlucky that the spell isn't dropping for us." It stinks because right now I am getting very mixed messages about bosses and their respective spell drops. I'd like to start farming for Sacred Charge on my Life wizard as soon as I can but at the same time, I don't want to burn my Gold Skeleton Keys on Aphrodite if the boss is clearly bugged and not dropping her respective spell, Sacred Charge. It's not fair for bosses like Aphrodite, Zaneki, and many others to tease the wizard with the illusion that they'll get the permanent spell if they are, indeed, bugged and aren't dropping spells.

Sparck, please talk with the dev team and consider testing these bosses to confirm whether or not the respective spells are dropping from bosses other than Loremaster (like Aphrodite in Darkmoor, Zaneki, Shoji, Lambent Fire, Takanobu the Masterless, Koto)!!!!!! Help us wizards out!!!!!!!! We don't want to waste our hard-earned Skeleton Keys, our mental health, sanity, and time on bosses if they are bugged and not dropping their respective spells.

Hope to see ya in the Spiral!!!!!

Blaze DreamBlade (Master of Myth and Monsters)
Blaze StormSword (Master of Storm and Lightning)
Blaze StarBlade (Master of Life and Nature)
Blaze MoonCloud (Master of Fire and Burning)
Blaze CrowWraith (Master of Death and the Dark Arts)