Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Get Rid Of The HIDDEN TO FRIENDS Option

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2014
I REALLY Hate To Be A Bother But, I Really Don't Like The Way That Wizard101 Has To Have A Hidden To Friends Option, Cause Whenever I Wanna Talk To My Friends, Their Hidden From Me And I Can't Even Type A Message To Them If Their Hidden And It Gets Really Annoying!

Pls Could You Do Something About That Wizard101?

Kinds Regards,

EmilySparkleFriend

CourtneyFairyGem

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AlishbaMia101 on Dec 2, 2016 wrote:
I REALLY Hate To Be A Bother But, I Really Don't Like The Way That Wizard101 Has To Have A Hidden To Friends Option, Cause Whenever I Wanna Talk To My Friends, Their Hidden From Me And I Can't Even Type A Message To Them If Their Hidden And It Gets Really Annoying!

Pls Could You Do Something About That Wizard101?

Kinds Regards,

EmilySparkleFriend

CourtneyFairyGem
That option was requested long ago. There are times when a wizard may be tending gardens or in the middle of a solo battle that makes it difficult to concentrate if others are chatting at them....

I have used it many times when doing just what I mentioned. 12 wizards all garden and it takes a while without being interrupted so I go hidden. Solo battles, especially those that are required need all your attention so chatting is out.

Did it occur to you that they may not be online?

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
The point of turning on hide from friends is to allow people to avoid being disturbed. Sometimes we may be coming on for just a few minutes to garden or something. Sometimes we may be stressed or just need a break and want to relax without having messages sent to us. I really don't have a lot of friends in game, but most often than not, when I add someone they are constantly messaging me when I come on to help them. It can be frustrating when we have something specific we want to do.

What might be a nice feature, is mail. Maybe let people send an offline message to someone and they can receive it later. Of course there's the stress on servers issue and people will probably spam messages, so it might not be the best idea.

Explorer
May 25, 2016
There is a way to text somone while in hidden mode, but you have to be already talking to them.
For example say I'm private messaging a friend of mine and I go hidden. All they have to do is press R to still talk to me and I'll recieve their message. To reply back to them just press R.

The same with porting to someone while hidden. If your hidden, but they aren't u can still port to them so long as you are talking to them and their not hidden as well. Just click their name, their character will pop up and you click go to location.

But as for getting rid of it, I see no problem with the option to go hidden. Some people love to quest without people texting them. So they go hidden till their ready to talk to their friends.

I hope what I say helps :)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Turning off an option because one person doesn't respect another person's privacy isn't a good reason.
If they have invisible to friends on it means they temporarily want their privacy.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
I personally love the hidden to friends option. I stream games Twitch and have a lot of viewers/"fans" that often message me the second I get on or try to teleport to me mid-battle even when I tell them I'm trying to solo things. The option allows me to play in peace when I'm just trying to relax.