Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Bug

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
"Fixed a bug that was causing a large amount of lag while gardening”. - Update notes

Sadly this isn't the case. Upon downloading the newest update, I tried to garden, but the same old bug persists.
To be sure, I rebooted computer, reloaded game, and tried again, but to no avail; the pollination spell caused an almost six minute lag spike before it resolved. I had two of my friends also try it, and they had similar results. It appears the "bug fix" in this case was not successful.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Same here. A bummer to be sure, was looking forward to this supposed fix.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sorry it hasn't been fixed (I haven't tried it yet because I've been using my energy catching the new fish). I know this isn't ideal but while it is still bugged it might help you not to be waiting 6 minutes while it casts.

When we go into the gardening area the plants all update their needs etc which can take a little while. The freezing up happens when we cast a spell and the needs are then changed again even though they were still processing the first lot of updating.

I've found that if I go to the area with plants, leave and then go back, when I cast the spells they work fine. It's like leaving makes the first update go really fast so when I come back they're ready to deal with the spells. I use teleporters to make it quicker and easier to do this.

I know it's not ideal and a proper fix is really needed, but I hope it helps in the mean time and stops you having excessively long freeze-ups!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I was hoping the patch this morning fixed the gardening issue, but it did not. I'm sure everyone would greatly appreciate this getting fixed, as it has been going on for 4+ years now. Trying to garden is almost a nightmare when you have to wait for these incredibly long lag spikes to resolve. I realize you can try to port away, reboot the game, or computer, but these things shouldn't be necessary, as a permanent fix is what is needed. I have reported this bug several times over the years, as have friends of mine who play. I have also seen many people complain about it on these boards. I realize that fixes take time, but isn't waiting several years for an important bug fix long enough?

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Mine is still lagging badly as well. Hopefully KI reads this and realizes their fix to the bug didn't work as planned.

Administrator
Thanks all, we're aware of the issue and looking to get in a fix!