Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game not loading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2017
I understand the game is going through some issues right now, however a status update would be much appreciated. We spend time and money on this game. Please fix it soon or let us know you cant anytime soon. Thank you :)

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
The game has been down since 3AM eastern. There hasn't been any posts allowed on this subject since 6PM. I guess the whole thing is getting ready to end.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
Survivor
Sep 10, 2016
Survivor
Dec 19, 2014
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
My game is still not loading. is this still a common problem? error 108

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
Hope it come back soon! need to do my daily also my gardens

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Still not working but I really want to garden during double rewards. :(

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
Game has been down for two days for me....I try over and over again but no luck. Guess its no party favors and I wanted to train pets and such.....hope it's up soon.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2014
Hi, I have enjoyed playing this game for a while and I was wondering if there are any updates we could here about the state the game is in. Whether you tell us a time it will be back up or dispel some of the rumors that have been spreading around. If you read and consider this comment you have my thanks.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
@snoogyalyssa Yes I remember it happening once before a long time ago around the time celestia came out it was so bad they had to do a rollback but it was so long ago I don't remember all the details, don't know if it has happened since though cause I quit shortly after that and only just started again.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Dworgyn on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
While some players have been able to log on to Wizard101, we are still experiencing some difficulties, and your gameplay will still be impacted. Our investigation is ongoing.

We are working hard to restore normal gameplay as soon as we can, but there is no current estimated time for this to happen. Thank you for your patience.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Survivor
May 17, 2009
Dworgyn on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Wizard101 is again offline. We continue to investigate the cause and are working to restore service. We will update as more information becomes available.

Survivor
May 19, 2017
loaded lets see for how long. Hopefully all is fixed. It was a long and hot day.

Survivor
May 29, 2012
you could give your players at least the balloon mount free, for the down time

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Game is now up and running for me, What about you guys?

Survivor
Dec 24, 2016
According to some Twitter threads, there is some group or person conducting a DDOS attack on Wizard101.

Not sure of anything, but if that is the case there is little that the game developers themselves can do about it.

Such an attack floods their site with huge numbers of messages, overloading the internet channels on which they rely, and preventing the messages from our game clients from getting through.

There are some things that their ISP can do to reduce the impact, but this sort of thing is hard to counter.

It isn't their fault.

But I do wish that they would post a clear and visible notice about what is happening. It should be a banner on the website, or a stickied announcement, not just an occasional response buried in a long thread in this forum.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
Was working again for a moment there, now it's down again...

Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
never mind, I got disconnected right when I entered game and now its doing error 107 again after it did error 109 then error 108. this is being really messed up.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2015
Well you all deserve a day off to celebrate. Thanks for the fun game.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
Update: it still isnt working for me :/

Richard Rose lvl 13 balance

Survivor
Sep 21, 2015
been all day. was hoping to get lvl 118 pet today.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
I've been involved with computers since before most here were born, and probably their parents too...

I've worked professionally with high demand, critical servers, in the financial industry for the last 30 years. Downtime is to be expected, but minimal. As of this posting the servers have either been offline or unusable for over 12 hours and counting by my experience, nearing 24 for others.

Where are the backup servers, where is the quick diagnosis of the root cause and the return of the connectivity?

There is not one single server that everyone connects to, there are many, I find it hard to believe that all of the servers are down. If this was due to a software upgrade, why haven't you rolled back the upgrade?
If this is an issue with hardware, I find it staggering that all the servers have failed at the same time. If network based, either due to a DDOS attack or network connectivity failure, I still don't understand the immense amount of time it is taking to rectify the underlying issue.

The lack of status updates is just poor customer service too....