Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

game is crashing on startup

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
hello, i have been playing this game for quite some time and have had my fair share of bugs and glitched that usually resolve themselves by either re-installing the game or rebooting my pc. but the issue i'm having this time is that the game crashes as soon as i try to start the game. and it happens in this order.

-open game launcher
-type in password
-press play button
-crash

so i don't really understand whats going on, i recently got a new monitor but i don't thinks that's the problem as i have switched to new monitors before and just had to adjust the resolution, now i would usually keep trying new things until the game works for me. but the thing that worries me is the fact that i just paid for my membership this month almost a week ago and i haven't gotten a chance to use the month i bought which is now less days then i wanted. so if someone could get back to me as soon as convenient, because i don't want to have paid for a membership for a month and not get to play the game.

thank you
sincerely: Jordan WildBlood

Administrator
ashton7461 on Nov 26, 2019 wrote:
hello, i have been playing this game for quite some time and have had my fair share of bugs and glitched that usually resolve themselves by either re-installing the game or rebooting my pc. but the issue i'm having this time is that the game crashes as soon as i try to start the game. and it happens in this order.

-open game launcher
-type in password
-press play button
-crash

so i don't really understand whats going on, i recently got a new monitor but i don't thinks that's the problem as i have switched to new monitors before and just had to adjust the resolution, now i would usually keep trying new things until the game works for me. but the thing that worries me is the fact that i just paid for my membership this month almost a week ago and i haven't gotten a chance to use the month i bought which is now less days then i wanted. so if someone could get back to me as soon as convenient, because i don't want to have paid for a membership for a month and not get to play the game.

thank you
sincerely: Jordan WildBlood
Hi ashton! Just to double check, do you have the latest graphics drivers installed? Also, it's a good idea to review what other programs are running, and something could be interfering, especially if you've been playing for a while previously.

If those don't solve the issue, please contact our support team and we'll see if we can help track down the issue: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game