Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

game freeze in mooshu

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
in mooshu when i play there is freezes when i go to specific places like village of sorrow and hamsetu village ( and a few others but i forgot there names) so is this happening to anybody else since most of the missions i need for experiance are there and i need more experiance to be a grandmaster :(

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
Defender
Aug 11, 2009
brent1998 wrote:
in mooshu when i play there is freezes when i go to specific places like village of sorrow and hamsetu village ( and a few others but i forgot there names) so is this happening to anybody else since most of the missions i need for experiance are there and i need more experiance to be a grandmaster :(

3331dork wrote:
I am having the same problem. Have you found any solutions?

Many of the players are having the same problems and the problems will only increase with time as the game becomes more complex and increases its demands on the hardware and software of your computer.

I have the same problems in Mooshu and similar problems elsewhere.

Here are some possible solutions: [you may already know this and have tried them]

1. Go to options and try any of these settings in any combination.

Graphics:
Resolution: 800x600
Full Screen: Off
Graphics Detail: Low
Texture Detail: Low
Hardware Cursor: (Up to you – it helps in the game but uses cpu)

Bloom Active: Off
Brightness: (Your choice)
Smoothing: Off
Shadows: Off
Particles: All the way to the left – for fewer particles

Sound:
Sound: Off (it might help your cpu – one less thing for it to deal with) [I play my own music in the background off of another computer]

Game Play:
Overhead Names: None
Chat Balloons: Hide
Quest Helper: Off (Use “T” as a keyboard shortcut) [Quest Helper can create problems leading to lag]

2. Check to see if you have enough RAM. The more - the better

3. Check to see if your Page File is as large as possible. (I run a Page File on both of my hard drives. A Page File is seen by the computer as RAM, but it is slower than RAM.)

4. Update your Graphic Drivers

5. Shut down any other programs – this will free up cpu and RAM for the game.

6. Upgrade your graphic card (This is no guarantee that the problems will be fixed.)

As KI expands the game, the problems involving computers and their components will more than likely increase.

I play two wizards at the same time on the same machine. Prior to the update involving the advance pets, the only problem I had was with Hyde Park in Marleybone (where I had to play one wizard in a window and the other in full screen). Since that update, I have to switch to full screen from time-to-time to adjust/reset the graphics because of "slow down" or lag. This has led to a number of crashes, but when it works – the lag is gone – the graphic card is refreshed.

Even when I play just one wizard, there is a slow down with the graphics. This is very noticeable with dragon mounts. It takes a moment for the computer to deal with all of the data and then everything is fine.

All the added details that KI has placed in the game: butterflies, fire, twinkling stars, particles, advanced pets, etc. have added demands on the computer.

Hope this helped.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
rolo527 wrote:
brent1998 wrote:

3331dork wrote:
I am having the same problem. Have you found any solutions?

Many of the players are having the same problems and the problems will only increase with time as the game becomes more complex and increases its demands on the hardware and software of your computer.

I have the same problems in Mooshu and similar problems elsewhere.

Here are some possible solutions: [you may already know this and have tried them]

1. Go to options and try any of these settings in any combination.

Graphics:
Resolution: 800x600
Full Screen: Off
Graphics Detail: Low
Texture Detail: Low
Hardware Cursor: (Up to you – it helps in the game but uses cpu)

Bloom Active: Off
Brightness: (Your choice)
Smoothing: Off
Shadows: Off
Particles: All the way to the left – for fewer particles

Sound:
Sound: Off (it might help your cpu – one less thing for it to deal with) [I play my own music in the background off of another computer]

Game Play:
Overhead Names: None
Chat Balloons: Hide
Quest Helper: Off (Use “T” as a keyboard shortcut) [Quest Helper can create problems leading to lag]

2. Check to see if you have enough RAM. The more - the better

3. Check to see if your Page File is as large as possible. (I run a Page File on both of my hard drives. A Page File is seen by the computer as RAM, but it is slower than RAM.)

4. Update your Graphic Drivers

5. Shut down any other programs – this will free up cpu and RAM for the game.

6. Upgrade your graphic card (This is no guarantee that the problems will be fixed.)

As KI expands the game, the problems involving computers and their components will more than likely increase.

I play two wizards at the same time on the same machine. Prior to the update involving the advance pets, the only problem I had was with Hyde Park in Marleybone (where I had to play one wizard in a window and the other in full screen). Since that update, I have to switch to full screen from time-to-time to adjust/reset the graphics because of "slow down" or lag. This has led to a number of crashes, but when it works – the lag is gone – the graphic card is refreshed.

Even when I play just one wizard, there is a slow down with the graphics. This is very noticeable with dragon mounts. It takes a moment for the computer to deal with all of the data and then everything is fine.

All the added details that KI has placed in the game: butterflies, fire, twinkling stars, particles, advanced pets, etc. have added demands on the computer.

Hope this helped.

Thank you very much...I will try some of these ideas. :D
Seriously, there is still a lag/slow down with my wizards. I'll try some of these ideas for this. I appreciate it. TY. (idk what a page file is though, nor do I know what it means that the "graphics card is refreshed" comment that you mentioned...) but I still appreciate the info. TY.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
*** This is an opinion, it has not been proven. ***

- Do not use minions.

- If anyone casts a minion, restart your computer at the 'next possible point'.

So if you are in a gauntlet, stick it out. If you are in a dungeon, I am not sure; I know if someone else is in the dungeon you can reboot, you start at the entrance, and you can port back to them. I believe you have 30 minutes if you port out, but unsure what happens if you reboot. I am not sure if you are the last person in and you are defeated.

- If you can't convince the person not to cast minions, remove them from your friends list.

Remember, these are opinions!

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Sorry, but I thought of this later and forgot to post it.

Mounts can also add to the slow down or lag. This happens when there are many NPCs in the area or other graphics requirements like fire, butterflies, and the like. This slow down is also present when riding your mount and you turn.

Pets can also add to the slow down or lag.

So not equipping your mount and pet in those affected areas may help alleviate, or lessen, the impact.

With older hardware, the graphic cards cannot handle all the data and work from the game, so it hands responsibility for what it can’t handle to the cpu which has other responsibilities. A bottleneck takes place which causes the slowdown of the computer and the lag. This also increases the heat inside of the computer which merely exasperates the problem and may also cause a system crash / computer shutdown – reboot.

This game has increased in its complexity and has increased in its demands on the graphic card and rest of the computer.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
ic0517 wrote:
*** This is an opinion, it has not been proven. ***

- Do not use minions.

- If anyone casts a minion, restart your computer at the 'next possible point'.

So if you are in a gauntlet, stick it out. If you are in a dungeon, I am not sure; I know if someone else is in the dungeon you can reboot, you start at the entrance, and you can port back to them. I believe you have 30 minutes if you port out, but unsure what happens if you reboot. I am not sure if you are the last person in and you are defeated.

- If you can't convince the person not to cast minions, remove them from your friends list.

Remember, these are opinions!

I generally play Wizard on my own, and frequently use minions. I have never had any trouble with them slowing the game down. Mooshu has gone wonky on me before, but it does not seem to have any correlation to minion usage. This is just my opinion and observations on it though. I'm only posting because i have not noticed this happening so wanted to give another view on it.