Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game crashing

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Has anyone else having a problem with crashing? It is random, and I can't particularly pin point how it happens. I think it is when a loading screen is supposed to be shown, it crashes, and it's not just for the new loading screen - it can be for the old one too!

Yesterday, I got into the fight with Medulla, and hit the "flee" button and instantly, it crashed!! The first time, I selected my character, and hit "play" and instantly it crashed! Then I was in the pet pavilion, fed my pet hit "play again" and instantly it crashed. So the crash happens when the loading screen is supposed to happen, and it only started happening when Empyrea was released into live servers. I submitted an automatic ticket through bug report each time as well!

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Yes this has also happened to me s few times now do not remember he first time but the second time I was porting Home and I frashed to desktop then it said something about the graphical client. However I’m not sure if it was the game or the newer Nvidia drivers which I updated a few days ago. Wizard101 might want to check them out though as I’m sure others will update sooner or later as well.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Blaze03554 on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
Has this issue been addressed or is it still in game?

Nope.... It happened again today (11/25). Today I was at the world door clicked on the world and... CRASH

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
out of curiosity, Blaze, how do you define "crash"....I have been in a battle 4-5 days ago and during such battle, a little round circle appears on the screen, sort of lower right corner..it has "chain locks" in the circle, first they are yellow, then orange, then red...after red the screen goes black and says "cannot find server"....the game is over!....anyway, is this event the same as your "crash"?

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
No, it is very different. It will happen just before i step onto it. It will not do the teleport animation nor the loading screen. It will just close saying that a problem has appeared and will let me type a crash report. I've also found it happens rarely when i teleport to my house.

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
The chain locks happen to me when my internet connection goes down.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Pink Bunny on Nov 26, 2017 wrote:
out of curiosity, Blaze, how do you define "crash"....I have been in a battle 4-5 days ago and during such battle, a little round circle appears on the screen, sort of lower right corner..it has "chain locks" in the circle, first they are yellow, then orange, then red...after red the screen goes black and says "cannot find server"....the game is over!....anyway, is this event the same as your "crash"?
Which "Blaze" were you talking about?

I know the difference between me losing connection, and the game crashing. As I said above, I submitted an automatic ticket through bug report each time. Bug Reporter does not show up if you loose connection to the Internet!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Blaze03554 on Nov 30, 2017 wrote:
Which "Blaze" were you talking about?

I know the difference between me losing connection, and the game crashing. As I said above, I submitted an automatic ticket through bug report each time. Bug Reporter does not show up if you loose connection to the Internet!

yeah the same thing happens to me as well. the bug reporter pops up when my game crashes

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Blaze03554 on Dec 6, 2017 wrote:
Any word on it being fixed?
If you're still experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Support.

If you could attach a DirectX Diagnostic file from Dxdiag.exe, that would also be helpful for Customer Support when you contact them.

1. Go to your Start menu.
2. Go to 'Run' (or 'Start Search' if you're running Vista).
3. In this window, type "dxdiag" (without quotes).
4. You may be asked a question about 'WHQL Certification', click No or Cancel if presented with this option.
5. This will run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. It could take a few minutes to complete, watch for the progress bar in the lower left hand corner or status.
6. When complete, click the Save All Information button.
7. This will bring up a file requester, click 'Save'.
8. You will have saved a file called Dxdiag.txt to your desktop.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Survivor
Nov 28, 2012
Yes just now my game was all messed up.

I was in the sewers in Empyrea fighting bat bots.

Just normal started out good then the bat bots, myself, and other wizards who ported to help me all were invisible.

I could not even cast a single spell on enemies nor even use traps.

I could however cast a mass hit and blades on myself only.

Thought it was my computer a virus or spyware.

So I restarted the game, but not restarted the computer and everything corrected itself.

Michael LifeGiver