Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game constantly downloads/loads things.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
Lately, for the past week or so everytime I would log in and run the game, it always finds something new to load or download. I've had the actual game downloaded for a little less than a month now, and it's already gone through all of preliminary downloads. All the worlds have been downloaded, but each time I get on mounts take forever to load, pets, other characters, etc. Why is this? It takes 10 to 15 minutes to fully load too, and it's really annoying. Thanks.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
It's probably the insane amount of gear, pets and furniture, and that's pretty normal if you've only had it installed for a month. It takes me a good couple months to completely download everything if I'm just playing normally. If you really want to you can go to the bazaar and click through every item listed in each category. Give it enough time to show up in the little preview box before moving on to the next one. It's pretty boring and gets old fast but I've done that after getting a new computer and having to reload Wiz. It cuts down the overall amount of time that you will have to sit through that nonstop loading.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
Starblood653 on Jul 11, 2016 wrote:
It's probably the insane amount of gear, pets and furniture, and that's pretty normal if you've only had it installed for a month. It takes me a good couple months to completely download everything if I'm just playing normally. If you really want to you can go to the bazaar and click through every item listed in each category. Give it enough time to show up in the little preview box before moving on to the next one. It's pretty boring and gets old fast but I've done that after getting a new computer and having to reload Wiz. It cuts down the overall amount of time that you will have to sit through that nonstop loading.
Thanks! I tried doing this (i didnt sit through every item) but somehow the loading time was cut down by... well, a lot. Thank you again. :)