Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friends disappearing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2015
Recently, I'm experiencing an issue where I'm unable to respond to friends who have whispered me. This has happened three times now -- a person on my friend's list will whisper me asking for help or saying hi, but when I click on their name, they appear as a wooden puppet and are unable to be interacted with/inspected (much like those on our friends list that haven't been online in a while). Additionally, when I check to see if maybe they just went offline, they seem to have disappeared from my friend's list entirely. I'm inclined to believe this is a bug, given the fact that it seems unusual that someone would whisper and then unfriend me or get banned IMMEDIATELY after threewhole times. I also haven't had issue with True Friends. I'm curious if anyone else is encountering this problem or if it is perhaps already a documented bug; I feel bad not being able to respond!

Administrator
starryowlceleste on Aug 30, 2021 wrote:
Recently, I'm experiencing an issue where I'm unable to respond to friends who have whispered me. This has happened three times now -- a person on my friend's list will whisper me asking for help or saying hi, but when I click on their name, they appear as a wooden puppet and are unable to be interacted with/inspected (much like those on our friends list that haven't been online in a while). Additionally, when I check to see if maybe they just went offline, they seem to have disappeared from my friend's list entirely. I'm inclined to believe this is a bug, given the fact that it seems unusual that someone would whisper and then unfriend me or get banned IMMEDIATELY after threewhole times. I also haven't had issue with True Friends. I'm curious if anyone else is encountering this problem or if it is perhaps already a documented bug; I feel bad not being able to respond!
Hello! I would definitely try contacting customer support, haven't heard of this from anyone else, yet. I think the character starts off as a wooden puppet then loads into the character, but not sure why the name wouldn't be on your friends list unless it was a random that contacted you. People can also whisper you by right clicking your name in the chat box, even if they do not have you added. That may also be a factor.

As a short term quick fix you can try pressing the "R" button to respond to the last person that whispered you or right click the player's name in the chat box. Hope this helps!