Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frame Rate Drop?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
I have a pretty decent computer (specs below), and I've never had any FPS issues with any game I play. I used to run W101 on an old computer that I'm not entirely sure even had a graphics card with little to no drops in frame rate.

Lately, after playing for about 30 minutes - an hour, the game will get super choppy and my FPS drops to around 9 from a solid 60.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any fixes?

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
This usually happens to me when I minimize the game a few times and return to the game. My fps drops a whole lot. Probably an issue on KingsIsle's end?

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
I've been having the same issue. I've changed the graphics to the lowest setting & I've even tried playing the game on different computers, but it's still pretty choppy. Hopefully Kingisle fixes this

Survivor
Aug 01, 2014
Honestly, the same thing is happening to me. I do something simple like gardening or fishing or etc. and the game just goes to 7-14 frames per second. I think it might be a problem on KingsIsle's end, and if it is, I hope that they can fix it.

Flint CrowRider, Level 125 Wizard
Flint SunCaller, Level 42 Wizard

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I keep getting long pauses and the message that it is 'unresponsive' while playing too. It usually rectifies itself but sometimes I have to close it and log back in. I'm not sure what's caused it or when exactly it started but it's been pretty recent.

I thought it was my computer and I've been clearing out tons of stuff I don't need any more...perhaps that is not the cause but the spring clean can't hurt. I hope they identify what it is and fix it

Survivor
Mar 13, 2016
I hope I'm not Necroing this post but since it's not closed, I my wife and I have been noticing this too, if it helps anyone, I have a decent rig running win 10 and she has an older laptop running win 7, so power/age/OS are not factors it seems