Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Forum login issue

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
When I try to log in today, I run across a problem. I go to the forums, find an article I want to comment on, click the LOGIN button, the screen fades out like normal, but the login box DOES NOT show up. I now have to go to www.wizard101.com/game and use the login fields in the top left of the screen. Once I enter my info it, I can then comment on posts just fine. It's only the log in that's the issue

Administrator
dayerider on Sep 24, 2018 wrote:
When I try to log in today, I run across a problem. I go to the forums, find an article I want to comment on, click the LOGIN button, the screen fades out like normal, but the login box DOES NOT show up. I now have to go to www.wizard101.com/game and use the login fields in the top left of the screen. Once I enter my info it, I can then comment on posts just fine. It's only the log in that's the issue
Is this the first time you've encountered the issue dayerider?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
No it is not the first time. However, when logging in today, I got the username/password box popup correctly. Nothing on my computer has changed that I am aware of. I have ran antivirus yesterday and found none, and I am the one who maintains the computer in this household, so nothing is installed/removed without my knowing about it. I have not done any windows 7 home premium updates recently either (as it doesn't need any). I do use Firefox's popup blocker and Ad Blocker plus, however this login box is neither a popup or an ad. If it was, the problem would occur with more regularity. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Administrator
dayerider on Sep 27, 2018 wrote:
No it is not the first time. However, when logging in today, I got the username/password box popup correctly. Nothing on my computer has changed that I am aware of. I have ran antivirus yesterday and found none, and I am the one who maintains the computer in this household, so nothing is installed/removed without my knowing about it. I have not done any windows 7 home premium updates recently either (as it doesn't need any). I do use Firefox's popup blocker and Ad Blocker plus, however this login box is neither a popup or an ad. If it was, the problem would occur with more regularity. Let me know if you need any additional information.
It's possible it's still being blocked by your ad blocker. Please try disabling all of those sorts of add-ons to the browser and see if it comes up normally.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sparck on Oct 1, 2018 wrote:
It's possible it's still being blocked by your ad blocker. Please try disabling all of those sorts of add-ons to the browser and see if it comes up normally.
The login box has been coming up just fine after a day or two. While the blocker may be stopping it, it's weird that it's inconsistent. I'll keep an eye on it in the future, and unless it's an ongoing thing, I'll just chalk it up to the computer gremlins :) Next time this happens, I'll check it out and see if that changes anything. Since 9/27, it's been smooth sailing