Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzling in Azteca

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
26
Does being in Azteca make you fizzle more? I have been fizzling about 40-50% more in Azteca than anywhere else. I am a Death wizard and besides Death spells, I use Life, Storm, Ice and Fire. I know Storm has the least, followed by Ice and Fire.

I was in a battle and I used 8 Life spells, fizzling on half of them.

I have been resorting to enchanting all of my spells with Unstoppable.

The only other thing is that I used to have gear that gave an accuracy of 5%. Now I am wearing something that gives an accuracy of 2%. A 3% difference can't make that much of a difference.

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
115
death279wizard on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
Does being in Azteca make you fizzle more? I have been fizzling about 40-50% more in Azteca than anywhere else. I am a Death wizard and besides Death spells, I use Life, Storm, Ice and Fire. I know Storm has the least, followed by Ice and Fire.

I was in a battle and I used 8 Life spells, fizzling on half of them.

I have been resorting to enchanting all of my spells with Unstoppable.

The only other thing is that I used to have gear that gave an accuracy of 5%. Now I am wearing something that gives an accuracy of 2%. A 3% difference can't make that much of a difference.

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn
It is all to do with probability. Fact is, even if there is a 1% chance of fizzling, it could happen every spell (that would be very unlucky, but that is fact). The accuracy is based on each spell, not overall general spells. I have seen people with 99% accuracy fizzle 2-3 times in a row. Point is, if there is a slightest chance it CAN fizzle, expect it to probably happen. You're just being unlucky and it happens to show in Azteca.

Luckily for me, my fire has 103% on fire, and 100+ on all other schools, except storm is 90%. I don't fizzle on any spell but storm or if I have a smoke screen on.

Sorry for your trouble, but if you want to plan to meet up, I'll add you and help you through Azteca. With waiting for Khrysalis part 2, I don't have much to do.

Sincerely,
Seth NightFlame95

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
139
Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
I guess it must make a difference. I sincerely doubt that KI added code to an entire world to decrease accuracy. Random chance is random, I guess.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
26
I just can't be happy. Now, I'm not fizzling at all except when dispels are applied on me.

Kingsisle - can you adjust it so follows the school accuracies?

10% fizzle on Life
15% fizzle on Death
20% fizzle on Ice
25% fizzle on Fire
30% fizzle on Storm

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
81
Ice actually has a respectable amount of accuracy, while storm and fire have the least. Even though I am level 95, I still carry the sidhe staff, which gives 13% accuracy and 20% and 5 major blitz item cards, and another power pip at the start of battle. Other gear gives me more accuracy, so I have 20 balance accuracy, and thanks to other gear, still manage 75 damage and 33 universal resist.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
81
Oh yeah, the sidhe staff can be farmed at WW or Mirror Lake.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
115
death279wizard on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
I just can't be happy. Now, I'm not fizzling at all except when dispels are applied on me.

Kingsisle - can you adjust it so follows the school accuracies?

10% fizzle on Life
15% fizzle on Death
20% fizzle on Ice
25% fizzle on Fire
30% fizzle on Storm

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn
That is what the fizzle rates are for those schools, unless gear adds accuracy. And you are not fizzling anymore, and you're not happy? I am confused.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
106
all accauarcy are low even storm but you can use balance accuarcy thing and the tc hope i helped

Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
26
Everyone,

Thank you for your advice, support and explanations. I guess it when I posted, I wasn't having a good day. And the next day, I did.

To Mello Lily about not fizzling - I want it to be fair. Not fizzling at all doesn't seem fair to me either. If the Life School has a 90% accuracy rating and I fizzle 50% of the time. that doesn't seem fair. But if the Storm School has a 70% accuracy rating and I never fizzle, that doesn't seem fair either. I expect to fizzle 10% of time with Life spells and 30% of the time with Storm spells. I guess it depends on how many spells Kingsisle are using in their percentages. If they are using 100 spells, then 10% is 10 spells that will fizzle and I drew the first 4.

To Mello Lily about offering to help - Thank you for the offer but I can make it through on my own. If we should meet, I would like to add you as a friend. This way, if I have any more issues, I can tell me what I'm not taking in account for.

I rarely die because I am always shielding and healing first. My fizzles occurred when I was trying to heal. Three straight fizzles on healing spells resulted in my defeat. I typically start trying to heal when I have half of my total health left, maybe a little more.

But in retrospect, anything is possible. Many cases, bosses cheat and you can do anything about that.

Thank you again.

Keller Silverthorn

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
death279wizard on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
Everyone,

Thank you for your advice, support and explanations. I guess it when I posted, I wasn't having a good day. And the next day, I did.

To Mello Lily about not fizzling - I want it to be fair. Not fizzling at all doesn't seem fair to me either. If the Life School has a 90% accuracy rating and I fizzle 50% of the time. that doesn't seem fair. But if the Storm School has a 70% accuracy rating and I never fizzle, that doesn't seem fair either. I expect to fizzle 10% of time with Life spells and 30% of the time with Storm spells. I guess it depends on how many spells Kingsisle are using in their percentages. If they are using 100 spells, then 10% is 10 spells that will fizzle and I drew the first 4.

To Mello Lily about offering to help - Thank you for the offer but I can make it through on my own. If we should meet, I would like to add you as a friend. This way, if I have any more issues, I can tell me what I'm not taking in account for.

I rarely die because I am always shielding and healing first. My fizzles occurred when I was trying to heal. Three straight fizzles on healing spells resulted in my defeat. I typically start trying to heal when I have half of my total health left, maybe a little more.

But in retrospect, anything is possible. Many cases, bosses cheat and you can do anything about that.

Thank you again.

Keller Silverthorn
Fizzle and "fizzle rates" are a commonly posted item here. In a recent thread on the topic, how it works was pretty thoroughly discussed:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/accuracy-is-just-flawed-8ad6a41c4491899b0144efacb46d509b

It sounds from your post as if you may be confused about what the numbers actually mean. The way you are describing it seems to indicate that you expect literally 1 in 10 casts to fail for life wizards, 3 in 10 for storm, and the appropriate variants for all the other schools. That isn't how it works. If it did, the combat system would be completely predictable and frankly not a lot of fun. Please read through the discussions in the posted thread and should you have any questions, I would be happy to try and help explain.