Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feint problem after K2 release

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
So, this bug has been reintroduced:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/feint-bug-43853

The summary is that feint isn't working properly again. If you cast feint on someone, then they cast it on you, only the most recent "half" of the feint will trigger. Here is an exact scenario:

1. I cast feint, 70% on enemy, 30% on me.
2. Enemy casts feint, 70% on me, 30% on enemy.
3. I attack, it only triggers the 30%.
4. Enemy attacks, it only triggers the 70%.

I don't know if any other ward processing is affected as well, but there you have it. And here I was hoping this sort of thing wasn't happening with updates anymore. *sigh*

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
gtarhannon on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
So, this bug has been reintroduced:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/feint-bug-43853

The summary is that feint isn't working properly again. If you cast feint on someone, then they cast it on you, only the most recent "half" of the feint will trigger. Here is an exact scenario:

1. I cast feint, 70% on enemy, 30% on me.
2. Enemy casts feint, 70% on me, 30% on enemy.
3. I attack, it only triggers the 30%.
4. Enemy attacks, it only triggers the 70%.

I don't know if any other ward processing is affected as well, but there you have it. And here I was hoping this sort of thing wasn't happening with updates anymore. *sigh*
I never saw this bug go away. As far as I've seen casting a feint over another regular feint on opposite side has always had this effect. I've used it as a defensice move myself in pve.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
seethe42 on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
I never saw this bug go away. As far as I've seen casting a feint over another regular feint on opposite side has always had this effect. I've used it as a defensice move myself in pve.
It was working properly just prior to the most recent update. I've been playing a new death since I came back and it was working correctly in Celestia just a couple weeks ago after the update with "team up" in it.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
That's not new. That's how it works. It's the same spell, so it only counts once per attack.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
This is not a bug, it is intended. If the spells are the same they will not stack unless one has been altered in a different way to each other. This is (probably) also why a one pip backdraft and a 14 pip backdraft will not stack or a 2 pip supercharge and a 7 pip supercharge will not stack.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
gtarhannon on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
It was working properly just prior to the most recent update. I've been playing a new death since I came back and it was working correctly in Celestia just a couple weeks ago after the update with "team up" in it.
It's always worked this way as long as I've played the game. The only time it doesn't is when you use different feints, ie pet, sharp, item, tc. I have never seen it work "correctly" with regular feints. If it worked as you describe in PvP I don't know, but in PvE it's always worked the way it is now. Both traps are the result of the same spell, so they can't stack.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
This has not always been the case. If you think that it has, you have clearly either not been paying attention or you have failed to thoroughly read my post. If some casts feint on me, then I cast feint on them, the 30% portion of my feint is supposed to trigger with the 70% portion of their feint when I'm attacked. If you read my referenced post, you'll see that the behavior was indeed corrected not too long after reporting it. I'm certain this one will be as well.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
gtarhannon on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
This has not always been the case. If you think that it has, you have clearly either not been paying attention or you have failed to thoroughly read my post. If some casts feint on me, then I cast feint on them, the 30% portion of my feint is supposed to trigger with the 70% portion of their feint when I'm attacked. If you read my referenced post, you'll see that the behavior was indeed corrected not too long after reporting it. I'm certain this one will be as well.
I have read your post and I have paid attention VERY carefully to this. It has ALWAYS, from the the time I started playing until present, done this. The only time both parts of a feint trigger on an opponent is when the feints are different types. If a creature casts a feint on you and you cast a regular feint on them, only the last one cast will trigger. If your feint is potent, pet, item or TC, THEN it will trigger both. Maybe you are mistaking a pet feint with a regular one. Two regular feints on opposing wizards has always worked this way for me and still does. I read your referenced post and didn't see any resolution in it or acknowlegment from KI. The thread was just locked without comment.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
gtarhannon on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, that is incorrect. It is not supposed to work that way, and it never has. Only one has even counted unless they were different types (trained, pet, item, potent, etc). Two of the same type have never stacked.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
seethe42 on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
I have read your post and I have paid attention VERY carefully to this. It has ALWAYS, from the the time I started playing until present, done this. The only time both parts of a feint trigger on an opponent is when the feints are different types. If a creature casts a feint on you and you cast a regular feint on them, only the last one cast will trigger. If your feint is potent, pet, item or TC, THEN it will trigger both. Maybe you are mistaking a pet feint with a regular one. Two regular feints on opposing wizards has always worked this way for me and still does. I read your referenced post and didn't see any resolution in it or acknowlegment from KI. The thread was just locked without comment.
Wow, calm down with the all caps. The post you quoted wasn't in any way directed at your Apr 27, 7:37 AM post since it wasn't even on this thread when I wrote mine. I re-read my cited thread and found that it was only the cleanse charm issue that was repaired right away, so I retract that statement. The adamant responses in this thread have caused me to question what I thought to be true after starting again recently, so I simply submitted a bug report and we'll see what KI says. All I can guarantee you is that feint has not always worked this way.

Since you appear to have joined in 2012 after I had taken a leave of absence from the game, I can't say for certain that it wasn't changed... after all, since I only PvE now its possible that I just didn't notice until after K2. Its not like I cast feint at the same time as enemies very often. What I can say, however, is that it definitely doesn't make sense. The description is "+70% to next incoming damage to target and +30% to next incoming damage to Self". What about that says to you that your enemy's "+70% to next incoming damage to target" shouldn't count you cast the most recent feint on them? That's like saying if I cast a storm trap on an enemy, then their storm trap shouldn't count on me because only the most recent trap wins.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
gtarhannon on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Wow, calm down with the all caps. The post you quoted wasn't in any way directed at your Apr 27, 7:37 AM post since it wasn't even on this thread when I wrote mine. I re-read my cited thread and found that it was only the cleanse charm issue that was repaired right away, so I retract that statement. The adamant responses in this thread have caused me to question what I thought to be true after starting again recently, so I simply submitted a bug report and we'll see what KI says. All I can guarantee you is that feint has not always worked this way.

Since you appear to have joined in 2012 after I had taken a leave of absence from the game, I can't say for certain that it wasn't changed... after all, since I only PvE now its possible that I just didn't notice until after K2. Its not like I cast feint at the same time as enemies very often. What I can say, however, is that it definitely doesn't make sense. The description is "+70% to next incoming damage to target and +30% to next incoming damage to Self". What about that says to you that your enemy's "+70% to next incoming damage to target" shouldn't count you cast the most recent feint on them? That's like saying if I cast a storm trap on an enemy, then their storm trap shouldn't count on me because only the most recent trap wins.
I don't disagree that it is a bug, but I understand why it works the way it works and I've never seen it work any other way in PVE. The game sees both sides of a regular feint as the same spell so it doesn't stack. The same thing occurs if using multi traps. If you place a spirit trap for instance, then a death prism, then a spirit trap... logically it should trigger the death part of the last cast, the prism, and then the life part of the first cast if you use a death attack. But since it used the death part of the last cast, it skips the life part that was cast before the prism.