Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Evil Magma Pea bug

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
So, I have 18 EMPs planted, and have a bunch of likes. however, the EMPs are NOT recognizing one of the likes. According to Central, EMPs like both Boom Shrooms and Fiery Boom Shrooms, yet my EMPs are only recognizing the standard Boom Shroom. Both shrooms are planted both next to each other AND right next to my EMPs. When I had multiple snap dragons on my Pink Dandelions, it recognized more than one, and said "likes: snap dragons" (notice the S for plural). Some insight into this would be great. If both plants are likes, then they should stack since they're separate seeds/plants (like the snap dragons with pink dandelions), even though they're in the same family.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
If the plants say likes: Boom Shrooms then the likes system is working perfectly. It will not say Likes: fiery and Likes: Boom shroom. There Both In the shroom family so therefor its the same Like Having one or the other near the Emps. However having 2 shrooms will not make the Plants grow any faster nor Will it stack Both likes. When w101 central Says It likes Firey boom shrooms And Boom shrooms it means you can have either And it will work but both wont make a diff. I usually use a fiery Boom shroom because they last Longer and dont get to elder as fast. Hope this helps :)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Maycast on Jun 2, 2016 wrote:
If the plants say likes: Boom Shrooms then the likes system is working perfectly. It will not say Likes: fiery and Likes: Boom shroom. There Both In the shroom family so therefor its the same Like Having one or the other near the Emps. However having 2 shrooms will not make the Plants grow any faster nor Will it stack Both likes. When w101 central Says It likes Firey boom shrooms And Boom shrooms it means you can have either And it will work but both wont make a diff. I usually use a fiery Boom shroom because they last Longer and dont get to elder as fast. Hope this helps :)
yeah, it was explained that it was the family and not the individual, so only use one, but still, if the plant likes each one, then each one should count and stack. however, now that the confusion has been cleared up, it doesnt matter. As for having it last longer, I planted it, then let it die, then planted the EMPs so I wouldnt have to worry about tending it, since dead plants also work as likes for other plants

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Maycast on Jun 2, 2016 wrote:
If you are using Shrooms for 'likes', you can have them just outside your gardening-circle-for-spells range. You can also let the 'like' plants die. They still count as a 'like' for whatever you are planting.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
I was also pretty disappointed when I found that out.