Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earthquake STILL not fixed!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Earthquake is still destroying stun shields and not destroying Rebirth Spirit armors! PLEASE FIX THIS!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Johnist wrote:
Earthquake is still destroying stun shields and not destroying Rebirth Spirit armors! PLEASE FIX THIS!

Ok KI, You have introduced Medusa and The 90% Stun Block card. Can we now get rid of the stun shields?

This whole mess was started because of PVP and it still does not and never has effected Myth players because of Earthquake. So, in essence of all fairness, and since you have not introduced alternatives, can we just get rid of the stun shields?

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Yes it does. You may need to contact tech support. I just used it and it took out absorb. It is supposed to remove stun shields. That's one of its advantages.

Suri Spiritrider, Legendary

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
stun block needs to stay and earthquake needs to stop removing stun block protections as in 4v4 play multiple myths on a team can mass stun from turn one if they set out to do just that making them win when going first 100% of the time

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
Yes it does. You may need to contact tech support. I just used it and it took out absorb. It is supposed to remove stun shields. That's one of its advantages.

Suri Spiritrider, Legendary

Suri, was it a REGULAR absorb, or the Absorb placed by Rebirth? And no, it's NOT supposed to be destroying Stun Shields per the November 8, 2010 (Click October 2010 and then scroll DOWN) update: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes
Earthquake will no longer remove Stun Shields.

Rebirth Armors don't get popped when enemies in CL use Quake, despite the fact that they should. Also, to the other poster, Conviction is NOT a solid answer to Chain Stunning. They need to build in Stun Resistance on gear as well.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I don't do pvp, so I don't recall, but I did find this in the July updates.

"Spells
Third time's a charm. Feint will now correctly display the debuffs on the player and opponent, correctly reflecting what is displayed on the card.
White squares should no longer appear around a spell when it is cast.
Death Wizards will find their minions will cast more interesting spells.
Earthquake will now remove prism spells and Spirit Armor created by Rebirth. Pets that come with a card will now appear to cast the spell when the Wizard chooses to cast that spell from their deck.. "

You were correct about the stuns for earthquake, I did not see it. Thanks for letting me know. I hope KI doesn't change that. I think that is unfair to those of us who play PVE. Too many concessions have already been made for PVP.

I normally don't state my opinion about changes made, but this one I have to.

Thanks again.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I just tried this with my myth and life and it did remove Rebirth's shield.

I have multiple accounts.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
I just tried this with my myth and life and it did remove Rebirth's shield.

I have multiple accounts.

well yes, when you attack, because of your boost. If you didn't have the boost, it wouldn't be strong enough to pop the armors with damage. Multiple armors from Rebirths would remain as well.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
This made me really upset recently. I had a myth character and my husband had a life character that we created prior to the making of Dragonspyre (yes we have been playing a long time, since beta actually) and reached a point that we couldn't level anymore, so I created a Balance character and he created a death. After these characters reached Legendary, I switched back to my myth character and he to his life. This is where my surprise came into play. Before we switched to other characters my earthquake would not take out his prisms, but then to our surprise he has two prisms set up and low and behold my earthquake knocks them out. Earthquake has its good points when used right, but this makes it even harder to use in certain situations that use to be fine. This REALLY needs to be fixed at the next load. The spell even says that it removes wards and charms and a prism is a manipulation. I do not know what happened to convince you to change this, but please strongly consider changing it back.