Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dive In! - Logins Enabled

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 04, 2009
so I started downloading exactly at 10 am est. and it tool me until 11:30 est. to get it down loaded and then i have spent another half an hour trying to connect to the server, this is crazy. I mean come one did they not expect that a lot of people would be trying to log on. what are they going to do this afternoon when all the kids are out of school. Also my husband started to download on his computer at the same time i did and he got kicked out. what is up with that. We pay to play this game and now we cant even play. I am so aggrivated at this point. I am ready to give up.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2009
lin22 wrote:
Loreis04 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing! Or, all the Wizard 101 parents are sitting in front of their computers, coffee in one hand, mouse in the other ;)
Or it could be that all the UK kids are currently off school for a half term break :)

LOL you have described me perfectly yes i have been waiting since 10:00 and it came on line at 16:00 6 hours of waiting is painfull! and i havent even had lunch yet!!!!! :)

Explorer
Sep 01, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
brytenshynee wrote:
If you halt the log ins, you also stop the downloads, which already takes forever.
One more Error message and I unsubscribe.

How about Subscribers only for today?

Young Wizard, NO ONE can log in right now, not even us.

Please be patient.

O i guess it is bad but subs only is a good idea for just one day or for just about a 10 minute window for subs! to log in!!!! :) please fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Leader

Why don't you let paying members in first, then non paying members? Since it worked on test?

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
This is so very frustrating! I waited an hour for the patches and game to down load and actually was in process of logging on only to get booted out! I am a sunscriber and it is very unfair and frustrating to pay for a game you can't play. As a retired Air Force Veteran it is not as if I have all day to wait for KI to work out this out or pick and choose who is allowed in. I do have girls to pick up from school and dinner to cook. SO personnally I feel this excuse they give is a lame one. I believe KI should have been better pre-pared and needs to fix this problem and do somthing for the paying members losing out.

Alura WinterBlossom Grand Balance Wizard

Survivor
Nov 04, 2009
brytenshynee wrote:
If you halt the log ins, you also stop the downloads, which already takes forever.

Please be patient.

my husband was kicked off in the middle of his download will he have to download all of it again. He waited an hour and a half for the part of the download he got.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
I can understand there are so many trying to log in but why shut down everything when there were so many that had already logged in and were patching for well over an hour to an hour and a half?

I thought the server upgrades that were done a little while back were to combat these problems.

It will be even worse when the schools let out for the day because servers will be bottle necked again.

Shame I was looking forward to getting in some time in Celestia before the rush of rude people logged in.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
Its really a shame your server is unable to handle the case load. I suspect you will be losing much money with this down time, but all the same maybe it doesnot bother you to lose money with as many as you have enrolled playing and signing on. It certainly appears you are making mucho money on this game and that should be a indication you need a bigger server to handle your customers.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
brytenshynee wrote:

Please be patient.

I've been waiting for 2 hour's. How much longer do i have to wait?

--Level 50 storm

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Ilyriah wrote:
Definitely not happy about this. KI had to know the traffic would be heavy and planned accordingly. I spend a lot of time, effort and even money in this game. One would think they could anticipate the problem and adjust BEFORE everyone starts to log on. I love this game. I've made good friends here. But this kind of stuff is disheartening.

:(I totally agree with you! I tried for hours to get onto site, (paid sub and crowns accounts) Each time it got hung up during patch download, then after this happened numerous times it seemed to finally download, but wait... once AGAIN I get a message saying that my settings will need to be changed on my computer! SO I did all that again (this happened before with last so called update) Then re-started computer and vola'! message comes up that log ins are disabled!! Sigh, wonder if all of our houses, clothes, mounts, etc will be missing again? You would think that after almost 2 years, and these problems happening before KI would get it right, why cant they phase in new worlds etc?? Maybe its just too much at once.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
brytenshynee wrote:

Please be patient.

i dont think its fair i have been trying to log in for 2 hours...i have been waiting for celista all week..i wasnt able to try it on the test realm an i was super excited to hear it would be coming to the live realm now i cant log in..thats just not fair at all

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
brytenshynee wrote:

Please be patient.

I know people are mad and all but is there a time frame? No big deal I will just come back later if I knew about how much longer this will take.

"I wonder what I did with all my free time before I started playing wizard 101"

Defender
May 30, 2009
It's in the middle of the school day/week and they're already experiencing issues with tons of people logging in? Wow, I can't even imagine how it's going to be in 3-4 hours when the kids start getting out of school.... It's not looking too good, KI.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
I agree subscribers only for today It would cut down on traffic and help the flow. Your subscribers deserve it.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
KI should look into subscribers only- servers,Don`t know about anyone else but i play WoW and never really have this problems with there updates

Survivor
May 19, 2010
So many young Wizards are trying to log in to the game right now that there's a bit of a traffic jam!

We're going to disable log-ins for a short time, then we will slowly let more players log in - watch this message for updates!

For those of you that know anything about computers you will know that even on a corporate T3 connection or better, there is only so many connections that can be made to the servers. If there are over 3 million players attempting to log in at the same time to patch (which mine completed in just over an hour on two computers) there isn't enough bandwidth to mainstream the downloads. Its common computer sense and it seems that very few are understanding that fact. I agree with those that bear with it and not complain as there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO.

Defender
May 30, 2009
brytenshynee wrote:

Please be patient.

LOL oh snappppp!

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Oh, good grief, people, quit complaining and just log out. It took me an hour and a half to get the the intro screen, and then after20 mins, I just logged off. I'm gonna try again tonight, but we all know everyone wants to get in right away, so it's going to overload the servers. Just be patient.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
This is ridiculous. I am tired of waiting when I do in fact spend money for the enhancement of the game. Subscribers should be the only ones to have access to the game right now as WE SUPPORT YOU. If you will not return the favor, then I am done with the game.. no more money... no more subscriptions.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
I agree with all you parents wanting to have a bit of fun while the kiddos are in school! I waited a long time for downlaod as well and then to be told we cannot log-in, bummer dude! Patience is a virtue but today I am not very virtuous! :(

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
This is understandable for such a huge release, but is it possible to let those who are downloading continue on, then not allow us to log into the game?

I've tried to download this three times now, each time restarting from scratch.
The file is huge and takes forever as it is. :(

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
brytenshynee wrote:

Please be patient.

Don't be hasty! Everyone is sitting back, wandering around, mumbling, even the staff of KI! I am guessing that no one expected this much traffic, and it is a possibility that the game crashed due to so much activity. Planning this on a Wednesday was a good idea; I'm guessing KI could not anticipate such a large turnout during a weekday. Grab a beverage, maybe a snack, and be patient :D

Erin Ice Weaver
Grand Master Ice
Diet Pepsi FTW!

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
I agree, It seems unfair that they make us wait 8 hours before we can play, which I understand it takes time to construct a new world. But to disable the log ins, atleast disable the log ins to the non subscribers and allow the subscribers to log in.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
brytenshynee wrote:

Please be patient.

how much longer do they think it will be before we can log on ?i have been waiting for 2 hours and i agree with the subscribers we should be allowed to play kids at school, housework done grrrrr