Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Delete and Reinstall?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
Should I delete game and reinstall?
I have had some glitchy behavior of my characters for a while now, but have been able to work around them as they are more annoying than effecting game play. Now I have a new one that is a playing problem as my curser only work on random sections of my page. It will not stay the wand, but changes back and forth from wand to the regular white arrow. This does not allow for a full screen of playing. Such as using spells, or even being able to click on an item to sell in the bazaar......these and more.
I sent a message to KI and have waited my 48 hours ,( actually it has been longer), with no response. If anyone can give helpful information for a fix, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thank You!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
You could have a virus. Is anything else on your computer misbehaving?

Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
shaddowynn on May 29, 2018 wrote:
The only time my mouse misbehaves is in game
I would recommend doing a virus scan anyway. And reinstalling is probably a good idea.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
If game play is being affected then a reinstall might be the quickest and easiest solution. It's a little bit irritating to have to wait while things load again the first time we go into a different area/house or world etc but if it solves the game play issues it's worth it

I write this as I stand by a world gate waiting for 'retry' for each world having just done a fresh reinstall too! It wasn't the game not working properly, it was everything stopped working so it's not the same issue as yours but here I am at the world gate haha.

I hope everything works smoothly for you soon