Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

deckathalon decrashalon

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I am currently in 5th place on the fire deckathalon leaderboard and about to do my killshot at 8.2 when all of a sudden the game froze and chain link appeared. When scrolled over, the chain link reads "Network Connection Status" but the computer is working fine.

8 months ago I finished in 15th place in the fire deckathalon and that is because it was the high holy days and I could not play for 4 days of the event! Imagine waiting 8 months to get my chance to do this event which will have me become the 10th deckath-elite in the Spiral ... when out of nowhere I get stopped in my tracks due to no fault of mine. I was having such a good run, this would have possibly been a full run.

I am so upset by this. I'd like to know what can be done about the chain link appearing. Is there a way to continue playing in such an event when it does appear?

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I sympathize. I personally don't worry about the leaderboards too much since I just use the Deckathalon as a way to get some easy (if a bit grindy) event points. But my goodess, the limited number of entries makes the occasional disconnect or crash incredibly frustrating, especially when it doesn't look like it came from your end. I can only imagine how much more frustrating it must be when you're trying to pursue a spot on the leaderboards. I've already had 2 of my 21-24 total runs cut short due to a disconnection this Deckathalon.They really need to look into coming up with some kind of failsafe for situations like this...

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Tanner Silver on Dec 20, 2021 wrote:
I sympathize. I personally don't worry about the leaderboards too much since I just use the Deckathalon as a way to get some easy (if a bit grindy) event points. But my goodess, the limited number of entries makes the occasional disconnect or crash incredibly frustrating, especially when it doesn't look like it came from your end. I can only imagine how much more frustrating it must be when you're trying to pursue a spot on the leaderboards. I've already had 2 of my 21-24 total runs cut short due to a disconnection this Deckathalon.They really need to look into coming up with some kind of failsafe for situations like this...
Thank you Tanner. I am one of 11 wizards with the Deckath-elite badge now and I can tell you I opposite-of-love the Deckathalon (I hate the word hate xd). Whoever thought it a wise idea to make badges for Top 1 only should not be making decisions. Same for whomever decided upon limited credits. The deckathalon event gives such unfair advantages. It is near-impossible to compete for Top Ten if you are not the highest level. I am lvl 130 so I could not equip superior jewels that a lvl 150 can equip. I finished in 5th place and had this crash not happen I would likely had finished 4th or better. When it crashed I stopped playing to go and report it. And do you know what Support told me? Support said no one else is reporting game crashes so it must be my computer. They also said there is nothing they will do about it. Tanner, have you reported it when it crashed during your gameplay? I just replied to a completely different Topic on this site about the game crashing (just not in deckathalon). And there is a reply on that Topic from another person it crashed on. That is 4 people mentioning game crashes since the update. The very next day btw, I was in the WC library chatting when another chain link appeared but this time it was only for a second. I told Support (as I just posted in that other topic) that people experiencing game crashes are not always gonna be sending a report ticket in, but that does not mean it does not happen.

KingsIsle, what Tanner Silver said is true. You need to look into coming up with some kind of failsafe for situations like this.