Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen

AuthorMessage
Developer
It's high time I take my red correcting pen through the Spiral again. If any of you studious Wizards think you spot a spelling error in the game, tell me which character and where they are located, so I can check up on their work.

If you're lucky, I'll remember this kindness the next time I need laundry done.

“To control the Future, one must look to the Past.”
Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
307
The Hades and Zeus gear says Hades' and Zeus' rather than Hades's and Zeus's. It is grammatically incorrect. Even though the names end in s, they are still singular and thus need apostrophe s added to the end rather than just an s.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
7
Professor Drake on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
It's high time I take my red correcting pen through the Spiral again. If any of you studious Wizards think you spot a spelling error in the game, tell me which character and where they are located, so I can check up on their work.

If you're lucky, I'll remember this kindness the next time I need laundry done.
Matthew griffengem 64

I saw Poseidon say depths wrong

Other wise Cyrus drake I think the only reason you are so angry is you had hard time with minions cause minions take your traps like feint just to waste it on a fire cat

To Cyrus drake Teacher

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
MythWizardForeves on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
The Hades and Zeus gear says Hades' and Zeus' rather than Hades's and Zeus's. It is grammatically incorrect. Even though the names end in s, they are still singular and thus need apostrophe s added to the end rather than just an s.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth
That's not really true, it's purely optional. Both are correct and being that this is a game, less is more.

Administrator
MythWizardForeves on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
The Hades and Zeus gear says Hades' and Zeus' rather than Hades's and Zeus's. It is grammatically incorrect. Even though the names end in s, they are still singular and thus need apostrophe s added to the end rather than just an s.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth
According to our lead writer
In many style guides, it is suggested that archaic names (Hades, Moses) use this form: Hades’ book, Moses’ sandal, etc, but that modern names such as Charles, would use s-apostrophe-s -- Charles’s.

To continue to be consistent our writers have decided to use the former format.
But keep those corrections coming!


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 14, 2011
30
I'll look through EVERY single dialogue picture on the Wiki and edit this post with the mistakes I find. :)

- Wizard City, Unicorn Wear, Fairies Wear Boots. After you have defeaten the fairies, you go talk to Ceren. Here's the dialogue:
"Apparently, evil forces at work here in Wizard City..."

I think that there should be an 'are' after forces so it'd look like this:

"Apparently, evil forces are at work here in Wizard City..."

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
13
In Crustacean Empire, after you defeat Queen Calypso, you will need to talk to her to receive the quest "Treasure This."
She says, "Journey now to the Treasury and recover our treasure. If if is restored, we will lend you our blades!"
Found the mistake? LOL
"If if is restored..." should be "If it is restored..." The audio said it correctly, though.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
In Alto Alto, Kawil Green Song notifies us of the following...

"They have been in prisoned in terrible cocoons Can you please free my Cousins from around the Xolotl Tower?"

Should read imprisoned, there should be a period after cocoons, and since cousins is modified by "my," it should not begin with capital C.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
3
Pierce Stanson in The Floating Land: When you get the Grandmaster Artisan quest, Pierce says he will sell you the recipe, and some ingredients, but the rest you will have to find on your own. However, the text differs from the audio, only saying he will sell you the recipe. Not sure if this was intended or not, but just thought i'd point that out.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
230
In the "getting Khrysalis open" quests, There is a quote "Remember to temper Life with Death, death with Myth, and Myth with Life!" with Diego's name on it, but Greyrose's picture on it. I'm surprised neither of them want to steal your correcting pen for this mix-up!! (I think it was voiced by Greyrose, it will be a long while before my next wizard can do this quest to verify)

Explorer
May 21, 2012
83
MythWizardForeves on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
The Hades and Zeus gear says Hades' and Zeus' rather than Hades's and Zeus's. It is grammatically incorrect. Even though the names end in s, they are still singular and thus need apostrophe s added to the end rather than just an s.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth
it says this because they drop more than one gear type

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
212
Oh, I found one. I was looking up one of my quest at Wizard101central, and I looked at the dialogue. At the end, Grace Conrad says: "Oh good! I hate see problems resolved that way, but they wouldn't listen to reason."

Yeah, "I hate see problems"

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 54 theurgist

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
119
Matthew g on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Matthew griffengem 64

I saw Poseidon say depths wrong

Other wise Cyrus drake I think the only reason you are so angry is you had hard time with minions cause minions take your traps like feint just to waste it on a fire cat

To Cyrus drake Teacher
I think it would be a bit more proper to refer to him as Professor Drake. This is due to the fact that Nolan Stormgate does say "Professor Drake".

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
119
I just remembered one error from Krokotopia. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but while in the balance school before going to the tomb of storms, there is one line in which I believe the npc who is saying the is line wrong and a word missing I think.

The quest is "Back to Balance" from Shalek the Wise in the Entrance Hall. The first line said when we arrive in the Balance School is by Shalek the Wise who says: "Young Wizard (Of course I place this instead of a character name, since all our character names are different)! You have my eternal gratitude. I heard what you did in the Krokosphinx. I feel we are no longer strangers, but comrades-in-arms."

I believe that the npc saying this line should in fact be Alhazred instead of Shalek the Wise. I also feel that this sentence is incomplete:

"I feel we are no longer strangers, but comrades-in-arms."

This is how I feel the sentence should look:

"I feel that we are no longer strangers, but comrades-in-arms."

I am unsure whether Kingsisle did this intentionally or if it was in fact an error. Professor Drake or any other Professor (and anyone else who feels like they can answer this), I hope you read this and can let me know if it is an error or if was intentional.

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
119
This original message has been removed.
No, I've seen Angel... At least I think I have.. I have multiple accounts and this current one is suspended from the game till Tuesday, but I can use another account to confirm if I'm correct.

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
119
This original message has been removed.
No, it's Angel.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
Professor Drake on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
It's high time I take my red correcting pen through the Spiral again. If any of you studious Wizards think you spot a spelling error in the game, tell me which character and where they are located, so I can check up on their work.

If you're lucky, I'll remember this kindness the next time I need laundry done.
In the beginning quest for grizzleheim, given by Merle Ambrose, there is a word to speech error. Merle says ", but the contact was lost... we thought it destroyed." This contradicts what he says, which is (and what the text should say), "but the contact was lost... we thought it was destroyed." There is one missing word (which was, "was"). That is all.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
186
Malorn AshThorn446 on Jan 18, 2014 wrote:
No, it's Angel.
For last names, its Angle. I don't think this is a mistake, I think KI's trying not to offend people.

I'm happy that there's a thread for this; I found a missing apostrophe in Khrysalis, but I forgot where it was.

Haley MoonHeart, Innate Shadowmancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
Belgrim MoonDreame... on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
In the beginning quest for grizzleheim, given by Merle Ambrose, there is a word to speech error. Merle says ", but the contact was lost... we thought it destroyed." This contradicts what he says, which is (and what the text should say), "but the contact was lost... we thought it was destroyed." There is one missing word (which was, "was"). That is all.
This is not incorrect grammar at all: the word "was" is unnecessary and repetitive. It is correct as KI wrote it. (copy editor by profession)

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
RavenLady777 on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
This is not incorrect grammar at all: the word "was" is unnecessary and repetitive. It is correct as KI wrote it. (copy editor by profession)
...but what Woot000 posted had nothing to do with grammar. What was written does not match what the voice actor says. Woot000 is exactly right.

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
119
Haley MoonHeart on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
For last names, its Angle. I don't think this is a mistake, I think KI's trying not to offend people.

I'm happy that there's a thread for this; I found a missing apostrophe in Khrysalis, but I forgot where it was.

Haley MoonHeart, Innate Shadowmancer
Ok, well he never specified which part of the name! So we are both correct!

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
119
Lucas Rain on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
...but what Woot000 posted had nothing to do with grammar. What was written does not match what the voice actor says. Woot000 is exactly right.
Hmmm... Interesting... I think I might have to check this one out...

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
119
grahambhg on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
In the "getting Khrysalis open" quests, There is a quote "Remember to temper Life with Death, death with Myth, and Myth with Life!" with Diego's name on it, but Greyrose's picture on it. I'm surprised neither of them want to steal your correcting pen for this mix-up!! (I think it was voiced by Greyrose, it will be a long while before my next wizard can do this quest to verify)
I can verify this... The character name and the character picture contradict each other. It shows Diego's name, but Greyrose's picture.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
Lucas Rain on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
...but what Woot000 posted had nothing to do with grammar. What was written does not match what the voice actor says. Woot000 is exactly right.
I see...I missed that part. My bad.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
105
Hello Kingsisle,

I am sure by now you are aware of this problem, however just in case you are not.
When making the names for the wizards, You have one of the middle name choices as "angle".
From the context of this game, I am sure that you meant "angel"
Since "angle" refers to a the degree at the point at where two lines from different intervals.
and " angel" refers to a heavenly embodiment,
I am sure that you meant to have the name of the wizards with the latter.
I am also sure that 90 percent of the wizards playing this game don't know about the mistake. I think it is kind of cute & funny seeing a wizard with the name "Mary Angledust" or " Isabella Angleeyes"
I don't even think it is possible to change it, since there are hundreds of thousand with the name.
I just wanted to bring it to you attention.

Mark Dragonleaf.